Anyone been denied to a school after you were accepted b/c of bad grades???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExoticBelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy everybody!

I was just wanted to see if anyone knows if this happened to anyone. I have an interview at WVSOM next Wed. and I am pretty confident that I have a good chance of getting in. However, my grades have been pretty bad so far this semester. :(

I just read this in WVSOM's bulletin:

"Matriculation will be denied to applicants who have failed to maintain a good record of scholastic performance and personal conduct between the time of their acceptance and matriculation." :scared:

What exactly would they consider a "a good record of scholastic performance"?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna guess no D's and F's, and no drunk and disorderlies.

Heyy everybody!

I was just wanted to see if anyone knows if this happened to anyone. I have an interview at WVSOM next Wed. and I am pretty confident that I have a good chance of getting in. However, my grades have been pretty bad so far this semester. :(

"Matriculation will be denied to applicants who have failed to maintain a good record of scholastic performance and personal conduct between the time of their acceptance and matriculation." :scared:

Thanks so much!

I'm sure must pass and graduate.
No academic misconduct.
No arrests (yes, even if one was participating in some "peaceful" rally -- I'd highly suggest no arrests ... :laugh: )
Nothing illegal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyy everybody!

Thanks so much!

Once you have your admission, in allo it's pretty much C and above = nothing to worry about (maybe the bar's a little higher at Harvard/Hopkins/Mayo, but pigeons don't go places like that;)). Anyway, I imagine DO school is the same.

Good luck at the interview. :luck:

Once you have your admission, in allo it's pretty much C and above = nothing to worry about (maybe the bar's a little higher at Harvard/Hopkins/Mayo, but pigeons don't go places like that;)). Anyway, I imagine DO school is the same.

Good luck at the interview. :luck:

Why did you mention Harvard?
what do you mean by pigeons?
Is Mayo a DO school?

Pls clarify.

Heyy everybody!

Thanks so much!

I believe you are most likely just stressing yourself out. If you pass your courses and graduate (some programs require 60% in certain courses), you'll be good.

Study up and good luck.

Heyy everybody!

Thanks so much!

If you have to ask, you might be in trouble.

Basically it means dont fail and screw up your projected credits.

Yeah .... I guess I am stressing myself out a little. Right now, I'm expecting 2-3 C's .... but we'll see what happens.

I think the interview went pretty well. They're still waiting on my DO letter .... so once they get that they'll be able to make a decision.

Yeah .... I guess I am stressing myself out a little. Right now, I'm expecting 2-3 C's .... but we'll see what happens.

I think the interview went pretty well. They're still waiting on my DO letter .... so once they get that they'll be able to make a decision.

ugh... my semester has been one of laziness...

My transcripts will look like this:

A-, B-, B+, B, C, WP or something similar to that...

PS good luck!!! WVSOM is a great school :)

Just keep it at C or better. Good luck.

If I fail Physics this semester, and retake the course prior to matriculating in the Fall, would that still be OK? I feel bad directly asking the school, although I might have to... :confused: :laugh:

iF you fail, you might be able to take it for summer at a CC and move on... :clap:

I just called today to tell them about my situation. I mentioned failing a pre-req class and taking it over the summer prior to matriculation. I was told that my grades will not be an issue, as long as I have everything done before entering med school. YAY! :hungover:

I don't think I'm going to fail physics, but when a cumulative final is worth a huge chunk of the grade, you never know. :laugh:

Whatever you do, don't fail that course. I don't care who you talked to. You may not have gotten correct information.

I personally know of a Dean of a med school (not mine) call a family member to let them know their child was a shoe-in. They knew each other for past 15 years or so (it wasn't weird). Needless to say, the student was denied admission. This Dean subsequently apologized and offered a guarantee that the student could transfer after 2 years at another school. (Like his word means anything)

I would have thought that if a Dean gave his word, it would happen. Not true. Always look out for #1 (you). Do all you can (always) to make sure you don't get screwed.

Hard to believe I know, but I heard conversations between the Dean and father first hand.

If I fail Physics this semester, and retake the course prior to matriculating in the Fall, would that still be OK? I feel bad directly asking the school, although I might have to... :confused: :laugh:

Which ever path you take, you will have to have a C/above in hand before you matriculate.

Which ever path you take, this semester or prior to matriculation, you will have to have a C/above in hand before you matriculate.

If you don't pass, I believe UNECOM has an online physics course that might be quick to finish up.

Which ever path you take, you will have to have a C/above in hand before you matriculate.

I think that a C- might be fine too, but that will depend on the school. (I had a C- in physics 2/B in the lab and I was fine at most of the schools.):luck: