1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone been verified lately?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mutterkuchen, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I submitted on July 24 and have not been verified yet. Anyone else submit around that date?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I submitted on 8/2 and was verified 8/28, the majority of my schools were transmitted on 8/8, however. Have you been receiving secondaries?
    I would call if I were you. good luck!

4. Mutterkuchen

15+ Year Member

AMCAS staff must be monitoring SDN. Since I posted this 1 hour ago, I have been verified. What a weird coincidence!

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

That 8/8 transmission date does not mean your complete app was transmitted, but only some very preliminary info like name, addresses and the fact that you're applying. At least that was the case lat year. And they never did change the dates when they actually did transmit the entire app (much, mcuh later!).

6. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I also submitted on 7/24 and, oddly enough, I was also just verified today. It's about damn time. Also, I called amcas and they said that the full application won't go out until next week or the week after.....WTF!!!!! Wait five and a half weeks and be told to wait 1 to 2 more weeks. Is this ridiculous or what?:confused:

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You guys applying this year have no idea what ridiculous is unless you also applied last year! :D It took me 12 weeks to get verified last year, and I had to have a lawyer threaten legal action before it happened. :mad: There was a happy ending, however. :cool:

8. walrus

walrus Member
    7+ Year Member

Can you have any information transmitted to the amcas schools before you are verified, or will AMCAS only transmitt after they verify you? Am I gonna have to wait til I'm verified to start getting secondaries, or does AMCAS just send your name and stuff to the schools first?

9. bludeviled

bludeviled Member
    7+ Year Member

wooo hoooo
    me too - I submitted on 7/24 and just got verified
    ** high-fives other 7/24 submitters **

The dates on the status page give the date your 'initial info' was sent to the schools right? So here I have dates ranging from 8/26 - 8/30 w/ two schools still not sent

I heard you have to go to the print app view to see when the schools actually got ALL your info. - when I go here, there are no dates; its blank for every school. So that means none of my schools have my complete application - Dalabroka - is this what you and I have to 'wait 1-2 weeks' for?
    so then ideally in one to two weeks, that page should be filled with complete transmittal dates right?

Thanks to everyone that replies !
    I get all confused with these terms sometimes.

10. DrHTM

DrHTM Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't get it. I submitted mine on the 7th (8/7) and I haven't been verfied yet. but I received a secondary from UCLA. Is this correct? I thought UCLA screens. How can they screen if they haven't received my complete app. or did they?

11. bludeviled

bludeviled Member
    7+ Year Member

Hmmmm., good point Dr. HTM

I got one too and i thought UCLA screened out like 50% of their applicants. So how did they do this w/ only our initial amcas info.

did you turn in a UC app to them separately? I did, so assuming they trusted the info. on there - they could screen with that

12. DrHTM

DrHTM Member
    7+ Year Member

I just turned in my UC app today. I received my secondary notice on the 28th. And only because I went through their status website thing. this is weird. I also heard they cut out 50%....

ummmmm....anyone else?

13. uffda

uffda Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

when I was first verfied, dates showed for some of the schools on the front page but not in the "print app". I think that is when the schools downloaded your preliminary data (see the AMCAS FAQ about what is sent to the school).

Then, later that week, I started to see the dates on the front changing for schools, and those new dates were also on the "print app" . I think that is when the whole verified app was sent to that school.

not all schools take an electronic copy - another thread lists UCSF and Drexel as two who do not - so you will never see a date for them as they will never have an electronic transmission - they just get the paper copy in the mail.

14. Mutterkuchen

15+ Year Member

I agree with you, DALABROKA. We should not have to wait another week or two for submission. I realize that this process is better than last year, but I think that it is really crappy. I paid nearly $1000, and received very little services from AMCAS. The least they could have done is to be efficient. Verifications should take no longer than 10 business days. Unless they want to charge me only $50 or something. . .

But I am glad that this hurdle is done. On to other hurdles!

15. ComplexPuzzle

ComplexPuzzle shakin dat a**
    7+ Year Member

Well whatdouknow....moments after reading this thread to my pleasant surprise I learn I have been verified. I think this thread is good luck of sumthin.

16. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    bludeviled,
    Yes, according to amcas the dates on the welcome page are for when the initial data was sent to the schools. The dates that the schools actually get the complete application will be on the print application page. Because of the holiday weekend, amcas says that they won't send the completed apps. until sometime next week or the week after.
    I would understand waiting this long if amcas was having problems like they were last year, but the fact is that they are simply understaffed to handle the volume of applications that they are receiving. This boils done to the management being to cheap to hire enough people to do the job in an efficient manner. For the amount of money that we are all paying for this service we surly haven't been receiving very good "service". In any other instance I would fire a company for being treated this poorly, but as everyone knows amcas has a monopoly. A simple calculation can demonstrate why I feel this way. 35000 applicants X ~ 420$ average fee paid (for 10 schools) = 14,700,000:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: