Anyone besides Homersimpson hear form LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just like the sugject heading says, has any one besides Homer heard from LECOM?

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed at LECOM nov. 8th so I probably wont be hearing from them for a while......When did you interivew? How long did they tell you to wait for a decision? Will they tell you over the phone if they accepted you??

:clap: = LECOM

+pissed+ =waiting to hear from others/finishing the process

:D = about a billionith of how happy I actually am

GOOD LUK ALL! er LUCK... DOH!

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it LECOM to send you a response/secondary once your application was submitted to them?

Im still waiting to hear from PCSOM, LECOM, TUCOM, EVVCOM.

my applications were all submitted on the 1st of november.

I interviewed at LECOM on 10/11 and heard about 2 weeks ago...so that's the good word...decided on PCOM or UNECOM
good luck guys

dangerous question to ask and even more dangerous to try and answer...

if you notice the little smiley dude I have throwing a computer into a wall, you'll also see that I'm referring to waiting to hear from many other schools having completed all secondaries by then end of august. I, myself have found the following advice most useful:

1.) don't hold your breath at anytime during this process (except maybe that short .0001ms between receiving a letter from a school in the mail and ripping it open at mach 9)...

2.) get a hobby (for me its twiddling my thumbs)...

I'm THE least patient person around here, I swear I am. I must have posted 1,000,000 times asking that question. Come to think of it I'm surprised I haven't been ousted for harassment :p

you'll probably (and don't hold me to this) hear from LECOM first, then the rest will trickle in, slowly, and painfully...

just remember, you've worked years and years to get to this pt, whats another few months of pain and torture?

HEY I INTERVIEWED 10/11 too!! who are you!?!

I interviewed on the 17 of Oct, Just a week after Homer. Ach Gott!! I hate waiting. Ever since I i found out I've been put on the qualified list at UHS and KCOM(they call it something else but same principle) I've been dying to hear back from LECOM or any school for that matter. I feel as if I can get into just one school every thing will be ok. Just ONE SCHOOL!! Now is that too much to ask? Oh yeah I have an interview to Des Moins, any body been there yet?

I'm curious to know if anyone else has heard from LECOM who were October interviewees. I interviewed on 10/24. Do you think I should hear by now or is it still too early to expect a response? :confused:

I interviewed at LECOM on Oct. 18 and I just found out that I got in this past weekend. The interview was very straightforward.

Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
tkim, what was the decision?

I was waiting for someone to ask - I GOT IN!!! WOOHOO!

I got a rejection from CWRU, and two thicker-than-a-one-page-rejection-letter envelopes from LECOM and COMP.

I was visibly sweating while I opened them.

WHAT A FRIGGIN RELIEF!

- Tae

Interviewed @ LECOM 10/24

Acceptance in the mail today 11/12

It's a thick envelope in case anyone wants to know.

I already decided I'm going to OUCOM though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mail man does'nt come for anoter 2 hours. I dont know if I can wait that long. Congrats to all those who got in

interviewed 10/21....found out i got in today 11/12

but i am going to OUCOM as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamin.....see you in the fall! are you applying to the PCC? I am...but I heard we need to wait until they send us a letter about it. I sent my deposit in last week, but I haven;t heard anything else....have you?

Jamie

Interviewed 10/25

Rec'd acceptance in mail today! However I will be declining my seat to attend UHS or possibly UNE (Interview on SAT)! :clap:

Interviewed 10/24. Acceptance Letter Today 11/12/02. I am soo siked!!! For all of you who are accepting their seat at LECOM for fall 2003 I'll see you there. Oh, this is just a tremendous relief. Patience is a virtue and faith is its catalyst. Now I really have something to be thankful for this holiday season.

Interviewed 20021025. Recieved acceptance today (mail is slow--college campus). LECOM is #2 school, so unless I hear from other school before March, I will attend LECOM. (I am interviewing at first choice school 20021114.

Good luck all! See you next fall?

Interviewed 10/18, accepted 11/12 (snail mail)

I got in!!! Thank god almighty, I have a home next year.

Geeze, I didn't think this post would get this much attention, I'm kind of embarassed I used this HANDLE instead of something more witty/medically oriented...

don't get me wrong, H0mer is da freekin man (in a certain sense)..

Just going to be kind of embarassing meeting SDNers at UNECOM thursday and being like, oh hey, its me, H0mersimps0n... :rolleyes:

CONGRATS EVERYONE! :clap:

How did the UNE interview go? So what is you real "handle any way" mine's Prad.

did anyone call and find out that they were accepted early?? even though i interviewed last week i really want to know!! i read on another post that said that ifyou call and they say they cannot give that info across the phone that you got rejected....is there any truth to this?

i read that too.

im slowly dealing with the fact that this is all a game of patience.

They wont tell you either way. Now this is going to sound bad comming form the guy who started this tread, but just gotta wait it out.

aww man, UNE was bad bad bad...

I MUST have been one of those "exception" applications with stats not quite up to their standards that they bring in just to beat on for fun because that's what my interview was, a swift and thorough beating...

my thoughts:

-UNECOM is an exceptional school, run extremely well, students are happy and level-headed and just an overall great schooling experience...

-I'm not used to Maine. Biddeford/Saco were not impressive, the area was desolate. I drove to Portland with the hopes of finding some of the amenities I'm used to, but there was nothing but brick buildings and lobster restaurants as far as the eye could see...

all in all, none of it matters that had to be the worst interview of all time. The entire day we were told the interviews are extremely relaxed and as I watched people come out this was confirmed. I was last to be interviewed for the day and should've been weary of that fact.

it would truly be a miracle for me to get into there after that...

Time to lick these wounds and move on I guess...

Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
aww man, UNE was bad bad bad...

[...]

Time to lick these wounds and move on I guess...

Buck up, little cowboy! You're in already someplace else. Besides ... you never know. The two places I had the worst interviews (I felt, anyway) I was waitlisted. Not an acceptance, but better than a outright rejection.

Good luck!

- Tae

Tough luck Homer, but on the other hand when you get a letter from UNECOM, you can return to sender with a note telling them to roll up their letter and shove it vilontly up their anal oraface. :)
If nothing else you might make you feel better for sticking it to a Med School for a change.