Anyone call WashU yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SticknRudder

Throttle Up Baby!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's too early to really expect anything, I know, but all I think about is Wash U these days. I still harbor some hope that there is no truth to the lore of a 200+ deep waitlist. Who feels me? I'm getting close to breaking down to call/grovel/beg some more.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel ya man........it totally sucks not to know ANYTHING about the way it works at WashU, and to hear that the waitlist is potentially huge, I have no idea what to expect. I haven't called yet, but if I do it will be closer to the 15th. Uggggggghhhh

Hey, felipe, if you don't mind my asking, where you gonna go if you don't get into WashU?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey elias,

no problem at all. Right now, I am officially in limbo, as I'm waitlisted at my top two choices (Penn and Wash U), but if either of them don't come a knockin', then I'll prolly go to my state school, which is the University of Kansas. *Sigh*
How about you????? Are you in the same waiting game? Its definitely not a fun game to play, eh?

KU, for real? Man I grew up in Olathe and I almost went to KU for undergrad. I'm a resident of Kansas, so I applied to KU med school. It seems like a really good school--excellent clinical training, esp. in Wichita. I got in there, but I don't think I'll go. My extremely dysfunctional family lives Kansas City and, even though I love my Dad very much, I want to distance myself from them. Right now I plan on attending UMich for med school.

Good luck, Felipe.

Is there anything else that we can do other than send a LOI?

I wish WU divided their wl somehow. Right now I go from having high hopes to being certian of a rejection.

Does anyone know a more concrete number (within +/- 100) that is on the WL?

One other thing, Felipe, have you been able to find the match list for KU? I've looked all over the place for it. Do you have one of KU's match lists?

Lochmoor said:
Is there anything else that we can do other than send a LOI?

I wish WU divided their wl somehow. Right now I go from having high hopes to being certian of a rejection.

Does anyone know a more concrete number (within +/- 100) that is on the WL?
Well, I don't know a number, but I'm thinking there are a lot. I haven't heard of a lot of people who have been rejected after interviews, and they seem to interview A LOT of people. But, based on the people I met there, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a fairly rigid ranking/scoring system for applicants heavily dependent on GPA/MCAT.

Anyhow, I'm not holding out too much hope of getting in off the WL. If you want my guess, I'm thinking 400-500 people, and the letter said about 50 acceptances. But that's just a shot in the dark based on about 10 people per interview session, maybe average 200 a month for 5 months.