1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone change status in middle of year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dittozip, Jul 22, 2006.

1. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    did anyone else come on with enough AP credit that after their first semester at school they had more than 30-35 credits? if so did you change on the AMCAS from FR->SO after that first semester?

I did, and now I feel like that was wronge. Most importantly, did anyone do this and alreaddy get verified?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TIGIBedHead

TIGIBedHead Fever to Tell
    5+ Year Member

Yea, I e-mailed AMCAS about it and that's how they told me to classify the semesters.

4. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    did they verify you already? so every year you switched status between your first and second semester?

5. TIGIBedHead

TIGIBedHead Fever to Tell
    5+ Year Member

Not verified yet. Sorry, I didn't switch off in the middle of every year. My second year was junior, third senior, and fourth continues as senior.

EDIT: This might be different for you because I came in as a soph.. Maybe you're right to split every year.

Have you submitted already? It's probably not that big of a deal to have a correction on your app. Many applicants get x's and still receive acceptances to med schools.

6. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    im sure they do. i can imagine if you input B's when you got F's and that was corrected and have a problem, but this sorta correction, if made, should not be a problem.

7. Carmenita79

Carmenita79 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I did that, but they changed it back during verification. It doesn't really matter to me though.

8. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    you did what, the same as me? and when you say they changed it back, you mean they made it so that every 2 semesters regardless of how many AP credits you have was 1 status?

is your app now littered with X's?

9. Carmenita79

Carmenita79 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I got about 25 quarter credits in HS so my first year of college I said I was a freshman the first semester and a sophmore the second. but then I said I was a sophmore the entire next year too. so they changed my entire first year to freshman. there are a few Xs but I don't think it matters that much.

10. leahmaria

leahmaria Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I entered college as a sophomore, and i was a junior by second semester of my first year, I think.

When I entered it on AMCAS though, I started with high-school for all of those credits before starting college and then just went freshman-senior year..it verified fine

11. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ok good. so all of those classes of yours that they changed back to fresh got an X?

thanks for your help.

12. dittozip

dittozip Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    bumpppp it