Anyone commuting from LA to UCI this Monday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else planning to commute to UCI for an interview on Monday?
I was thinking of staying in Irvine on Sunday evening to avoid the traffic, though I haven't maid up my mind yet. Anyone want's to share the ride?
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Im gonna be at UCI on Monday! But I am driving from Sacramento...

about once a week(not monday) i drive from ucla to OC and as long as i leave around 6:15, there not much traffic at all and thats taking the 405,

Members don't see this ad :)
about once a week(not monday) i drive from ucla to OC and as long as i leave around 6:15, there not much traffic at all and thats taking the 405,

Are you kidding me? Try leaving on a friday! Yesterday the traffic sucked A@@!

Anyone else planning to commute to UCI for an interview on Monday?
I was thinking of staying in Irvine on Sunday evening to avoid the traffic, though I haven't maid up my mind yet. Anyone want's to share the ride?
:luck:

Has anyone ever taken Amtrak from LA to UCI? I have a USC/UCI double header coming up, and I was thinking of hopping on the train right after the USC interview, since it is pretty close to the Amtrak station. Has anyone taken this train before, and do you have any tips on how to get around Irvine after getting off at the train station?

Yeah...I believe it. When my family settled on the Hyatt in Irvine for our family reunion we were concerned about the drive from LAX for people who did not want to fly into rinky-dink John Wayne (in Costa Mesa...next to Irvine). One day we left the LAX area around 6:30...and the entire trip only took us 40 min...not bad at all.

Im gonna be at UCI on Monday! But I am driving from Sacramento...

Hi njcaldwell,

Any chance I can catch a ride with you on the way back? (I assume you'll be taking the 405). I can easily walk home from the 405 exit. I'll be more than happy to pay for the gas...

pm me if you think this could work out for you.

I would take a metrolink train. They are cheaper and run more frequently. But alot of times they are late.

I would be willing to, but I will be driving down the UCSD... Im doing UCI/USC/UCSD in 3 days