Anyone considering EVMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enkindu

one hand clapping
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was really impressed with this school. Norfolk and Hampton Roads seem really nice too... I'm considering this school over UVA. Any thoughts?

Cheers:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am strongly considering to going to EVMS instead of MCV. I loved the facilities, the students, and the professors. I am going to the perspective student weekend on April 5th! I have talked to a first year student there and she loves it. She says there match lists are great as well as pass rates for boards. I would love you know your thoughts on the school!

Hokie:clap:

Another thing is the hampton roads area is nice. All of my relatives are from around there and there are nice places to go and the beach is close which is also nice. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone I've talked to (without a single exception) seems to love it there. The only drawbacks I can see are the lack of a large associated university and the fact that the school is young (1973) and as a result doesn't have the name recognition of older programs. From what I've heard the school does a great job with clinical training and exposure- better than a lot of bigger research-oriented schools. I grew up in tidewater and I love it there- people don't realize that the Hampton Roads area (Norfolk, VA Beach, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News, Chesapeake) is really one big metro area (as big as St. Louis!). With the Chesapeake Bay, the beaches, and cool places like Ghent and Williamsburg I think it's hard to beat- especially if you love the water. I tend to think I'll be happier- and hence more successful- if I attend school in a pleasant environment.

The other consistent comment I hear about the school is that it has a very cooperative, non-competitive atmosphere- a huge plus in my book.

I'll be there April 5th as well- I look forward to meeting you! :)

Originally posted by Enkindu
I was really impressed with this school. Norfolk and Hampton Roads seem really nice too... I'm considering this school over UVA. Any thoughts?

Cheers:cool:

I don't have the luxury of choice like yours. You must be right. EVMS is obviously a better school becuase I didn't get in EVMS but got an outright acceptance to UVA. Oh Boy! am I glad to be stuck with UVA :D

I don't have the luxury of choice like yours. You must be right. EVMS is obviously a better school becuase I didn't get in EVMS but got an outright acceptance to UVA. Oh Boy! am I glad to be stuck with UVA

In all honesty, my life would be less stressful now if I didn't have the choice. After all, you really never know what's waiting behind door number three...

No doubt UVA is a great school..I was undergrad there and worked in Charlottesville for years. It's a great town, but it gets a bit small (for me) after a while. Best wishes and good luck!

So everyone who was at prospective's weeked, what did you think of the school?

I had a really good time and am very excited!:clap: :love: