• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Anyone considering Iowa?

lalala21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
    Hello Everybody,

I'm an out-of-stater considering University of Iowa. Does anyone know about the school? It was hard to get an impression of the area and the students during the interview day (very short tour/lunch) so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lochmoor

15+ Year Member
    Nov 20, 2003
    Austin, TX
      Hey Congratulations!!! Here is a bit from Iowa's site--it's the "Admitted Student" section. They have the student handbook which has a lot of basic information about classes ect.

As for the school, to me, it seems very very primary care oriented. If you look at the residency match list, you'll see that a good number of grad's go into Family Practice, Ped's, and Internal med. (However, I do understand that Ped's and Med. residencies dont always mean prim. care--they could go do a fellowship to specialize.)

http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu/osac/admissions/adms_student.htm

Also, if you're interested in going back, Iowa has a 2nd look day April 17--goto "Get Acquainted Day" from the page linked above.

What other schools are you thinking about?

lalala21

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Nov 26, 2003
        Thanks for the links!

I am also considering University of Virginia (also out of state). I do want to go into internal medicine, and both schools seem strong in that department. I'm waiting to hear from a few other schools post-interview, but right now it's either Iowa or Virginia.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.