Anyone do a MPH before going to DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiiturtledove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone took that route and if you actually finished before applying or applied to med school before finishing it up.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone took that route and if you actually finished before applying or applied to med school before finishing it up.

Yeah I'm at Emory finishing my MPH in Epi before I start at UNECOM in August. Although the longer and less traveled path to medical school, I have no regrets (especially vs. bostbacc/SMP) and it has already opened some big CDC doors for me. However, if you're not interested in public health, there are probably better options...

There are a number of students in my class that got their MPH first, many of whom are interested in public health and policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to hear this...I am contemplating going to Columbia for an mph in epi before I start med school but was discouraged by a lot of the posts in this forum

A few of my classmates took a year off to get an MPH at another school ... and came back to finish up med school. They loved it.