Anyone done an elective at Cleveland Clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jocognito

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i am a medical student in Cambridge, UK and would quite like to spend my medical elective in the States. I have heard good things about Cleveland Clinic and was wondering if anyone has previously done an elective there in internal medicine preferably: Cardiology, GI, Pulmonology or Infectious diseases.

I would like to know what your experience was like.....

Many thanks....:)

Members don't see this ad.

CCF is renowned for Cardiology. It's Internal Medicine dept overall is very large and is certainly among the best in the US. I interview there shortly - will let you know more afterwards.

I did a Cardiology rotation at the Cleveland Clinic in July 2002. It was amazing!

Our team consisted of one fellow, two PGY-2 residents and three students. One student was from Germany and the other from Ireland. I'm from the mid-west (nothing too exotic.)

I was on the Cards Consult team so the hours were 8-6 (depending on rounds) and no weekends. The attendings, fellow and residents were great. There was great pathology between all of the floors. EKG's were always discussed and evaluated. The students usually did the consults and then reported to the residents before rounds. There were opportunities to go to cath lab or EP lab. The noon IM lectures were very good (and with lunch provided!)

All of the other students I met loved their respective rotations, from ID to Pulmonology. Each stated that their attending was brilliant.

The hospital is huge, so be prepared for a lot of walking.

I would encourage anyone to do a rotation there.

I hope this info helps...Good luck.