Anyone dying to hear from Einstein next week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't stop checking my email

Members don't see this ad.

haha same here!!

Whoever called, did you happen to ask what time the emails would be sent out? (wow i'm reaching a peak of neuroticism here)

Members don't see this ad :)
Who started this email rumor? Killing me.

looking at mdapps from last year it seems that some people were accepted on january 15th and some on january 16th. :confused:

maybe that's when they checked their email
wait a minute - are you suggesting that not everyone checks their email 9 million times per day???? :eek: that's crazy talk.

i'll keep refreshing this page as well haha

Has anyone called them today to see if emails still go out today?

i called. she said late this afternoon decisions will be sent and she said that we can call them. whatever that means.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you!

do you think by "sent" she meant email?
not sure. here is the conversation:

her: hello, admissions.
me: hi. i heard a rumor that admissions decisions were going out today. is that true?
her: yes. later this afternoon you can call back.
me: ok thank you.

sorry not that helpful. i say call and ask how they notify of acceptances.

not sure. here is the conversation:

her: hello, admissions.
me: hi. i heard a rumor that admissions decisions were going out today. is that true?
her: yes. later this afternoon you can call back.
me: ok thank you.

sorry not that helpful. i say call and ask how they notify of acceptances.

Yeah, I called too and she said that she has to get permission from the dean to say decisions and she can't get ahold of her right now.

someone call and ask if they email acceptances? me and marysue99 did our part!

someone call and ask if they email acceptances? me and marysue99 did our part!

I tried to ask that! But I didn't manage to get all of it out before she told me to call back. Still, it's not that bad- I don't mind calling back if it means I get a decision today!

I tried to ask that! But I didn't manage to get all of it out before she told me to call back. Still, it's not that bad- I don't mind calling back if it means I get a decision today!
me too. what time are you gonna call?

probably around 10:15 (PST). I am not the most patient person... you?

i would very appropriately like to say...

BLARGHHHHH!!!!!!!

i probably have to wait another week anyways :(

well it's 12:30 now so maybe like 3. couple hours i guess.

Yeah, It's only 940 here... but I've been up forever! I got the interview invite so early in the morning- I thought that might be when they send acceptances also. Alas, untrue.

I am very pathetic. I am at work eating my lunch at my desk because I want to continually check my email and refresh this page....but I guess that is what Medical School does to people!

Wouldnt it have been easier on everyone (the prospectives and the woman who has to answer the phone in the admissions office) if they had just released this stuff a day early?

If you call now, they'll give you your decision. Good luck everyone!

yay!! they said the decisions are still in the mail room downstairs, but as marysue said, we can call :)

Omgomgomgomgomg Im So Glad I Called

I interviewed first week of Nov. Decision was ready via phone with a letter dated today being sent out. YAY!!! :D

when did u interview? will they have my decision if i interviewed on Dec. 13th?

I interviewed in November and they told me my decision. Debbie is fantastic :oops:

I interviewed in early October- Just called, woman was very nice. However she told me that a decision hasnt been made yet and it will go out at the end of the week. Kinda weird since it looked like some November candidates have their answer already, but I guess I should be patient.

ehh.....i feel bad to call them...they must get like a million calls about decisions today.....grr

i highly doubt that they will change their minds about ur probably acceptance when you annoy them with a 30 second phone call

i highly doubt that they will change their minds about ur probably acceptance when you annoy them with a 30 second phone call

yup, dealing with annoying, neurotic premeds is just a part of the job :p

not to mention we did all pay them something like $100 dollars. And mine went to waste...waitlist!!! Bye bye Einstein!

so they're not sending out emails then i am assuming? that was a false rumor?

Please just call them up and stop torturing yourself-
As Tom Petty says- the waiting is the hardest part

12/03 interview. should i bother?

i just called and it said i have reached a non working number