Anyone dying to hear from Einstein next week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no post-interview decisions sent out this week???

Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

no . . . I thought there would be, as well.

I just got an acceptance via email! (interview dec. 13th) Does anyone know if they notify you of merit scholarship qualification at the time of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an acceptance via email! (interview dec. 13th) Does anyone know if they notify you of merit scholarship qualification at the time of acceptance?

Congrats on the acceptance!!! I'm hoping for one soon!

i interviewed on 12/10 and still know word.....this is depressing.

dont' know about the scholarship thing...nobody i know so far has received anything about it....einstein's not cheap...but it seems like it has the warmest student body ever..

dont' know about the scholarship thing...nobody i know so far has received anything about it....einstein's not cheap...but it seems like it has the warmest student body ever..

ACCEPTED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I interviewed on November 26th.

ACCEPTED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I interviewed on November 26th.

Congrats to both of you!!!

So only 2 people on sdn got the acceptance email on 2/1/08??? I would think that there are more.

I also interviewed on 12/10 and haven't heard anything. Are we rejected?

No. You cannot conclude that you were rejected based on these facts. But, you should know that.

Did anyone decide to call admissions either last week or today???

i called last week and from what the lady conveyed to me about the process is that they send out profile packets of interviewing packets to members of the admission commitee. Each member of the comittee then looks over each profile and returns their assessment of the applicant. So, because they don't meet in a room and discuss each applicant at the same time, the decisions being made vary depending upon when each member of the committee returns their assessment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed on 12/10 and haven't heard anything. Are we rejected?

I interviewed on Jan 7th and just got an outright rejection via snail mail. I hope you don't face the same thing...

I interviewed on Jan 7th and just got an outright rejection via snail mail. I hope you don't face the same thing...

Sorry about the rejection.

I interviewed on Jan 17th, so I should expect to hear in a little less than 2 more weeks?

When I interviewed I was told that I should expect to hear within 4-6 weeks. Looks like they are making decisions in about 4 weeks though. I'm dying to hear back from them.

Does everyone who is accepted get an acceptance email? I haven't received anything yet and I interviewed in mid-December. :(

Sorry about the rejection.

I interviewed on Jan 17th, so I should expect to hear in a little less than 2 more weeks?

When I interviewed I was told that I should expect to hear within 4-6 weeks. Looks like they are making decisions in about 4 weeks though. I'm dying to hear back from them.

MamadP, I'm not positive on this, but I believe it's been discussed here that decisions are typically only finalized at the beginning of the month. That said, I think you'd hear around early March for an acceptance.

And so far, it does seem that if you're accepted you get an email right away. My rejection was dated Feb 4th(received yesterday in ohio), while a lot of admits came on via email on Feb 1-2.

I know that last year Einstein had 4 different decisions post-interview:

1) Acceptance
2)Hold
3)Waitlist
4)Rejection

The hold letter could be distinguished from the waitlist letter by a more positive tone encouraging the applicant that he/she was still a competitive applicant for the school.

I have yet to hear of anyone receiving such a 'hold' letter this year, does anybody on SDN have an example of this for this cycle?

MamadP, I'm not positive on this, but I believe it's been discussed here that decisions are typically only finalized at the beginning of the month. That said, I think you'd hear around early March for an acceptance.

And so far, it does seem that if you're accepted you get an email right away. My rejection was dated Feb 4th(received yesterday in ohio), while a lot of admits came on via email on Feb 1-2.

Crap...so I gotta wait till the beginning of march for a decision. On the other hand, I may get a very nice birthday present (My B-day is March 2nd). I'm trying not to think about the possibility of a rejection on my birthday...

I know that last year Einstein had 4 different decisions post-interview:

1) Acceptance
2)Hold
3)Waitlist
4)Rejection

The hold letter could be distinguished from the waitlist letter by a more positive tone encouraging the applicant that he/she was still a competitive applicant for the school.

I have yet to hear of anyone receiving such a 'hold' letter this year, does anybody on SDN have an example of this for this cycle?

I'm also curious about this.. anyone receive the "hold" letter? Or has anyone who was waitlisted sent updates and got a response saying they were received?

I guess you and I are in very much the same boat.....
I sent an updated transcript, no confirmation. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.

Just got an acceptance email today! I interviewed on Dec. 11th.

Just got an acceptance email today! I interviewed on Dec. 11th.

I dont understand how the timeline for making decisions works at Einstein. It seems like everyone is hearing back at different times...

I've only waited a month so far and I'm dying...

What's the latest date anyone got an interview invite for Einstein? The website says the latest interviews are April/June.

Anyone heard anything post-interview from einstein lately?

Someone said that acceptances usually get sent out beginning of the month. Can anyone else confirm this?

I interviewed Jan. 22nd and have yet to hear.

Is it even worth placing a phone call to ask about my status?

I interviewed Jan. 22nd and have yet to hear.

Is it even worth placing a phone call to ask about my status?

I called them last week and they just told me I should hear "in a few weeks."

Anyone heard anything lately?

hey, i think eintsein sends acceptances/waitlists/rejections out in batches at the beg. and middle of months, i called admissions and found out i got in on monday, and the letter came in the mail that night, the e-mail the next day!!!

hey, i think eintsein sends acceptances/waitlists/rejections out in batches at the beg. and middle of months, i called admissions and found out i got in on monday, and the letter came in the mail that night, the e-mail the next day!!!

Macbeatle, would you mind telling when you interviewed?

And - congrautlations!!! That is fantastic!

Any news recently??

I still havent heard anything...

did anyone after they sent in their deposit get a written confirmation that it was recieved? I called and they told me they got it, but I'm just wondering if there was also supposed to be a confirmation in writing.

did anyone after they sent in their deposit get a written confirmation that it was recieved? I called and they told me they got it, but I'm just wondering if there was also supposed to be a confirmation in writing.

if they told you they received it u should be okay....just make sure u remember the name of the person u spoke to...but u should get a letter via snail mail after u send in the deposit....

Has anyone heard from AECOM lately?

I just got an acceptance email today from Einstein. I interviewed on the 25th of January. It was my first one, so I am obviously very excited about the news. Best of luck to all on this forum.

I just got an acceptance email today from Einstein. I interviewed on the 25th of January. It was my first one, so I am obviously very excited about the news. Best of luck to all on this forum.

Congratulations! That must feel fantastic! I hope you are doing something fun to celebrate.:hardy:

einstein is a wonderful school, but im just a little concerned that i may not fit in that well since it's heavily jewish. but for me, it's either einstein or loyola which happens to be heavily catholic. anyone wish to chime in with their experience or any known experiences of being non-jewish at einstein? or is it a non-issue, perhaps im making too much of it?

I wouldn't worry about feeling "out of place" at Einstein because you aren't Jewish. Though the school obviously has some Jewish ties, it's not full of Jewish students. The person I interviewed with said most students are actually NOT Jewish. This only makes up a very small portion of the student body. Anyways the students seemed very accepting of different opinions... The school still observes many Jewish holidays and Kosher rules, but most students come from different backgrounds.

Anyone interview on Jan 17th and is still waiting to hear back?

I still haven't heard a word...

i recently got waitlisted for einstein, the mail went to my perman. address; i am wondering if i have to respond to them that i wish to remain on the WL? thanks!

i interviewed mid jan and haven't heard back either
is this normal, are they usually behind, or does this mean our chances of getting in are slim?

i recently got waitlisted for einstein, the mail went to my perman. address; i am wondering if i have to respond to them that i wish to remain on the WL? thanks!

does anyone know about all the hospitals affiliated with einstein? i know there's montefiore and jacobi right near the main campus. are these community hospitals or are they more academic/teaching hospitals? someone told me that einstein doesnt really have it's own affiliated teaching hospital and i'd end up rotating at community hospitals with mostly FMGs as residents, is this true?

Does anyone happen to know how often the admission committee meets to make their decisions?

has anyone received their financial aid package? what's the damage?

Does anyone happen to know how often the admission committee meets to make their decisions?

Every Wednesday. They're having the last interviews this Wednesday (4/16) - so the lady in admissions said when I called. I guess after that it's decisions.. decisions... good luck to everyone waiting to hear back