Anyone eagerly awaiting Pitt results????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow I got in! The letter arrived today. No call, no email.

The award for best acceptance letter goes to Pitt. They formatted the letter to compliment me on my performance at my college.

Members don't see this ad.

NubianPrincess said:
Wow I got in! The letter arrived today. No call, no email.

The award for best acceptance letter goes to Pitt. They formatted the letter to compliment me on my performance at my college.

Congrats!

And congrats to all you other Pitt acceptees :). One of my friends got in, I'm really happy for her and hope (pleeeeease!) that I'll be able to join all yinz in the fall.

I haven't gotten the letter yet, although I did get the "special" email. I can't wait to see it, after what y'all are saying. Probably something like "Liverotcod, we are so impressed with your amazing evility, we just couldn't resist, you overlord of destruction, you. :love: "

Anyway, I agree, Monday seems a ways off. Congrats to everyone who got in, and Kazema, Branedoc et al, here's to a swiftly moving wait list! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an acceptance email from one of my interviewers. He saved me another 24 hours of waiting to get home from work to check the mail. I think I'll love that interviewer forever!!

For those still waiting, I didn't get any special email in advance.

I interviewed on 2/7... does anybody know when we, meaning people who interviewed recently, will hear? I'm a little worried because I thought Pitt was non-rolling, and it sounds as if they're kind of rolling, with two or more waves of acceptances/rejections.

Singing Devil said:
I interviewed on 2/7... does anybody know when we, meaning people who interviewed recently, will hear? I'm a little worried because I thought Pitt was non-rolling, and it sounds as if they're kind of rolling, with two or more waves of acceptances/rejections.

I interviewed 2/1 and got my letter Friday. My guess is your letter's still in the mail...hang in there!

Kateroni18 said:
I interviewed 2/1 and got my letter Friday. My guess is your letter's still in the mail...hang in there!

ugh... since I haven't gotten an email or a phone call, I'm guessing it is a rejection, and I was hoping to put it off as long as possible. Getting my Duke rejection on Saturday really hurt, so this is going to be two in a row, if it's what I think it is.

Singing Devil said:
ugh... since I haven't gotten an email or a phone call, I'm guessing it is a rejection, and I was hoping to put it off as long as possible. Getting my Duke rejection on Saturday really hurt, so this is going to be two in a row, if it's what I think it is.

I dont think so.....I only recieved my letter.....nothing else....so don't give up hope......im sure it will be in ure hand on monday.....cause they only sent the letters out thursday

Singing Devil said:

try calling them to see if you were in the first batch

Singing Devil said:

hey singing devil,

my friend interviewed at pitt a little after you (2/11, i think) and he was told that while the adcom would try to give them a decision in march, it was more likely that they would get one after the first batch, more like near april. so don't lose hope if you don't hear right away!

mango6110 said:
try calling them to see if you were in the first batch

Yeah. Call and ask for a 'status check.' When the lady looks up your file, she can tell you whether or not correspondence was sent. However, she will not give you the final decision over the phone. Good luck!

Waitlist today....

Acceptance letter today! Great school, we'll see about the finances...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I found out today... I've been waitlisted.

I'm a little excited, but it's less excitement than it is relief at not being rejected... kind of like a muted excitement. I've been through this process before--I spent the summer of 2002 on a waitlist and never got in, so I'm not as optimistic as I might be.

Time to start beating the bushes. I have recommendations from my research advisors to send to them, and I'll send a letter immediately graciously accepting my place on the wait list and expressing my desire to attend. I really liked Pittsburgh--most personal and warmest interview day of any school I've been to.

And a very nice wait list letter--how many schools tell you that they're honored you applied? If half my rejections said that, I think I would not be so upset when I got one.

I received the nicest acceptance letter from Pitt today! I almost want to frame it. I can't imagine the time it must take to go through each acceptees file and come up with a personalized letter like that.

Kazema, thanks for your luck- I'm sending it right back atcha!

My hunch is that they have a fair amount of waitlist movement, since people who are competitive at Pitt are probably competitive at many other places, too, so accepted students may not necessarily matriculate at a high rate! Just express your interest and I am certain good things will happen for you. :luck:

criminallyinane said:
My hunch is that they have a fair amount of waitlist movement, since people who are competitive at Pitt are probably competitive at many other places, too, so accepted students may not necessarily matriculate at a high rate! Just express your interest and I am certain good things will happen for you. :luck:

I'll second that- it seems many people that have posted here already are pretty much set on going elsewhere. I'd make my interest known to the adcom, though.

uptoolate said:
I received the nicest acceptance letter from Pitt today! I almost want to frame it. I can't imagine the time it must take to go through each acceptees file and come up with a personalized letter like that.

Congrats!

I'm glad to see that my luck worked for someone. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on that luck that you sent back to me :laugh:

uptoolate said:

Yeah, I agree - I swear Pitt's acceptance letter is the nicest! I can't believe they personalized it...thas crazy. :)

Has anyone not heard anything yet? I interviewed back in the beginning of November... Is this bad news or is my mail just slow? Will they ever actually give decisions out over the phone or do I just have to wait for the mail?

Sorry for so many questions... any info/speculation much appreciated!

i've been told i'm in, but i haven't gotten anything at all in the mail yet. things may just be slow. hang in there.

(i am in the sf bay area.)

beep said:
i've been told i'm in, but i haven't gotten anything at all in the mail yet. things may just be slow. hang in there.

(i am in the sf bay area.)

im in the east bay and received my acceptance today, so beep, you should probably get yours tomorrow.

congrats!

and good luck to those still waiting :luck:

boardchic said:
Has anyone not heard anything yet? I interviewed back in the beginning of November... Is this bad news or is my mail just slow? Will they ever actually give decisions out over the phone or do I just have to wait for the mail?

Sorry for so many questions... any info/speculation much appreciated!

I recall someone calling last week and being told that the admissions decisions should arrive no later than the middle of this week. If you don't get in on Wednesday, I would call the admissions office and maybe Dr. Curtiss or Linda will tell you! Good luck...

So academic scholarships aside, does anyone have concrete knowledge of how good UPitt's financial aid is?

Just out of curiosity, are the waitlist letters personalized too? Mine was a very well-written letter, but it didn't include any personal info. Did the rest of you waitlisters get the "extraordinary vs. excellent" and the "rating on a 10 scale" stuff too?

iggyboop said:
Just out of curiosity, are the waitlist letters personalized too? Mine was a very well-written letter, but it didn't include any personal info. Did the rest of you waitlisters get the "extraordinary vs. excellent" and the "rating on a 10 scale" stuff too?

Yeah I think I got the same letter; don't think waitlist letters are personalized.