Anyone else already living in K'Ville?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by OldManDave, Jun 22, 1999.

1. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Hey out there...just wanting to know if anyone else has already relocated to K'Ville?

E-mail me and we'll try to meet up...if I can fit you into my social calender [that was sarcasm, as it is quite EMPTY]. Right now, it's so boring, I think I'm gonna get a job until school starts!

[​IMG]

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Duke

Duke Member

I don't plan to be out there until the beginning of August. But I do want to plan to meet up with you as soon as I get there. So how's the weather out there? I hear the weather in the midwest in the summertime is hell.
    Don't try to sweat too much,
    Duke

4. drhenderson

drhenderson Senior Member

I'm down in Columbia, MO in FP residency. I'm allopathic, trained at Baylor, but went to undergrad in Kirksville.

I run a site called Medicalstudent.net and, while not claiming to be an allopathic site (most info is relavent for both professions), I'm allopathic so I guess the site's info is slightly slanted to an allpathic nature.

I'd like to get together with y'all and see what I can do to help DO's with my site too. For now I link out to Ostopathic.com and SOMA for osteopathic specific questions.

Good luck in the big K-ville! Are you guys gonna do like the KCOM students did in my day and hang out in the Truman State library and date college people? ;-> (You'll catch on!)

Best wishes,

Jim Henderson, MD of Medicalstudent.net

5. justwannabadoc

justwannabadoc Senior Member

I will be moving to Kville into your same apartment complex on Aug. 11. Looks like Woodwinds is going to be a mini KCOM town.

6. Brad

Brad Member

My wife and I will be moving to Kirksville in about 2 weeks. We found an apartment using the services provided by the admissions office... based on the number of places that become available right before school starts, I think many students are in the same boat.

7. Brad

Brad Member

My wife and I will be moving to Kirksville in about 2 weeks. We found an apartment using the services provided by the admissions office... based on the number of places that become available right before school starts, I think many students are in the same boat.

8. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Brad,

Not to be a pessimest; but I sincerely hope you didn't just rent a unit, sight-unseen, from their 'catalog.' The first thing the KCOM admissions people told me was to first drive-by and see, first-hand, all properties before I bothered to call the potential landlord. Believe me, there are some extremely frightening properties for rent around here!!

Best of luck!

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03