Anyone else attend student infosessions at their school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossjb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At mine, we have one once a month. The adminstrator that does it always starts off by saying, "if you think you have a chance of being admitted to our school, forget about it. Start thinking about Plan B right now." Then he breaks into stats about having over a thousand applications for X spots, etc.

When I heard this last fall when I had just started on my pre-pharmacy trek, I was shocked. Now, a year later, it's humorous. This guy has motivated me to work harder than I might've otherwise through shear fear and terror.

To all Fall 2006 applicants -- keep working hard. Don't get psyched out. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

crossjb said:
At mine, we have one once a month. The adminstrator that does it always starts off by saying, "if you think you have a chance of being admitted to our school, forget about it. Start thinking about Plan B right now." Then he breaks into stats about having over a thousand applications for X spots, etc.

When I heard this last fall when I had just started on my pre-pharmacy trek, I was shocked. Now, a year later, it's humorous. This guy has motivated me to work harder than I might've otherwise through shear fear and terror.

To all Fall 2006 applicants -- keep working hard. Don't get psyched out. :thumbup:

That's hilarious, reminds me of my old biochemistry teacher. There's nothing better to motivate you than doubt and discouragement. :D

Their is an open house at UOP tomorrow, but you have to register. I'm going, even though i probably won't get in this year :(

Don't worry about it. It is not usual for a pharmacy school to have a thousand applicants. Probably, a third of them are not qualified to apply in the first place (ie too low of a gpa), and another third considering other schools, with you competing with the remaining third. I hope that made sense. . . I guess in other words, if you have an okay gpa (3.0 with a 3.3 science gpa) and okay pcat scores. . . more than likely you will get in.

crossjb said: