Anyone else excited about changing their SDN status from Pre-Med to Med Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JWE27

COMLEXSlayer(RIP 6/10/10)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's no big deal to most people, but I'm looking forward to changing my status from Pre-Med to Med Student on my SDN profile (28 more days!); and, I'm waiting until I'm officially in my classes to do it - no jumping the gun for me!

Silly...?
Maybe.

Symbollic...?
Mostly.

Meaningful...?
It is to me!

Just thought I'd share my excitment over the first official step for me!:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Truthfully, I've also thought about this a lot. It will be a very exciting and meaningful event for me.

I've also thought about posting about it on here but I thought you guys would think I was being silly. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there!

Truthfully, I've also thought about this a lot. It will be a very exciting and meaningful event for me.

I've also thought about posting about it on here but I thought you guys would think I was being silly. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there!

Heck my excitment got the best of me so I prematurley changed it....

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely can't wait to change mine. Too bad I have to wait a whole year:laugh:

I definitely can't wait to change mine. Too bad I have to wait a whole year:laugh:

i feel your pain and am right here with you the whole time. we must be strong, our time will come soon enough.

In the overall scheme of your whole life, 1 year is nothing. Be patient, create a great application, and it will happen. I didn't get in my first year of applying, but it worked out in the end...

Good luck!

Definitely changed mine after my first acceptance.

I am very excited to change mine as well....

After lurking on SDN for over five years, I'm finally on the ladder. Bottom rung, but still the ladder.

I've been debating when to change it. Now that the next app season has started and I'm not a part of it anymore I really want to change over, but I think I'll wait until I've moved and am getting closer to our start date.

no...

and if you guys are changing yours I'm changing mine lol

I got excited early and changed mine a few days ago.....it was such a defining moment - seriously!!! :hardy:

I got excited early and changed mine a few days ago.....it was such a defining moment - seriously!!! :hardy:

What's up with all you early changers - do you open your Christmas presents in November, too? (;))

I'm waiting until classes start. Or at least until I've officially registered...

Members don't see this ad :)
not to be a downer...but arent we all pre-med students until we start our clinical years?

Haha...no. not even close. There's a reason they're called MSI or OMSI.

Also, I was looking at your MDApps (sorry to post here but there was nowhere to leave a comment on the apps page)--and you probably know this better than I, and you do have over 200 credits, but can you enter med school without a bachelors? IIRC it was a req for CCOM, even though you're not applying there.

Haha...no. not even close. There's a reason they're called MSI or OMSI.

Also, I was looking at your MDApps (sorry to post here but there was nowhere to leave a comment on the apps page)--and you probably know this better than I, and you do have over 200 credits, but can you enter med school without a bachelors? IIRC it was a req for CCOM, even though you're not applying there.

I dont know what IIRC is, but I do have a bachelor's degree...i don't know why it didn't have that option to let me list the degree I earned from FIU. So, I just put it up now. Should look more accurate.

PS: and just to clarify from my earlier post--I wasn't trying to be mean, I just had an incorrect understanding is all. Thanks for clearing me up.

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

T-minus 30 minutes to status change...and life change...:D:thumbup::hardy:

I just recieved a letter yesterday from NYCOM stating that my admissions file is complete. My loans have all been approved and are awaiting to be dispersed. I think it is time....

:laugh:

I'm not changing mine until at least the night before orientation. Orientation for us isn't until August 27.

Same. This is a test of will.

Same. This is a test of will.

I registered yesterday, and I have a "Medical Student" ID badge now. And I'm going to wait until orientation to change my status.

I'm totally excited too.... I'm glad I'm not the only one who was waiting to change my status haha

Two more weeks. I am going to hold out until that first day of orientation and change my status that very moment. And yes, that is very silly but so delicious at the same time :D

I might actually wait until after classes start. I'm not sure going to orientation really makes me a medical student.

Fine, fine, you have a point. Is it better if I change it on the second day of the orientation when I meet my body buddies and smell some cadavers? :laugh:

I might actually wait until after classes start. I'm not sure going to orientation really makes me a medical student.

Today was orientation for me. Classes start at 8am tomorrow. I'm ready to call myself a med student.

Got the "college of osteopathic medicine" student ID badge......done with orientation.....got the first weeks notes......registered for classes.....I'm officially a medical student!