Anyone else feel a little too much like a superstar from too much time on SDN? O_o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got a mass email today to all the people using the student host program for their Creighton interviews this week. All I kept thinking as I was reading it was "is anyone going to email me back and ask if I am THE gdbaby of the SDN website? Is anyone going to ask me while we are waiting around for our interviews? Will they think I am as funny in person as I am in this virtual world?" Dear god, who do I think I am? i am off to meet some new people.

Members don't see this ad.

somebody approached me on campus saying "are you damota from SDN?? i am your disciple". true story.
-mota

DaMota said:
somebody approached me on campus saying "are you damota from SDN?? i am your disciple". true story.
-mota
A homeless guy spit on me today as I was running.
Mota, I am your disciple.

Members don't see this ad :)
heh heh I love mass emails from dumb admissions offices... I've reverse checked all the email address with google/facebook/etc. ;) scoping out competition I suppose.

gdbaby said:
A homeless guy spit on me today as I was running.
Mota, I am your disciple.

hahaha.

thanks sugar plum.
-mota

No, I feel like a pear-shaped loser

You're going to Nebraska! Also, I hope you're woefully boring among other interviewees. If you can start to talk like William F. Buckley and break out pics of children (preferably someone else's; pictures that come from picture frames when you buy them will do nicely. To add to the effect: fold up the pics) I will send you 10 American Dollars. What can you buy for 10 Dollar? Anything you want.

desiredusername said:
What can you buy for 10 Dollar? Anything you want.

did you hear she broke up with diplo and signed with timbaland? bad move.
-mota

anon-y-mouse said:
heh heh I love mass emails from dumb admissions offices... I've reverse checked all the email address with google/facebook/etc. ;) scoping out competition I suppose.

You're scary. :p

DaMota said:
did you hear she broke up with diplo and signed with timbaland? bad move.
-mota
What? When? Why?
It could work, Timbaland is like the only mainstream producer who has indie cred - but it probably won't. I remember reading an interview with kanye. He tried to get her on late registration but she turned him down. The reporter asked him how it made him feel to get shot down. He was quiet for a minute and then said, "I'm Kanye West."
I hope diplo is still doing her. She is hella cute. And I'm sure you've seen her live - she just looks like a freak.

desiredusername said:
The reporter asked him how it made him feel to get shot down. He was quiet for a minute and then said, "I'm Kanye West."

and then he said "m.i.a. hates black people."

desiredusername said:
I hope diplo is still doing her. She is hella cute. And I'm sure you've seen her live - she just looks like a freak.

she kinda looked like a fish out of water trying to dance on stage. luckily she had scouted out this dance coach that was on stage with her. i felt like i was watching her have a lesson. i got to meet diplo though which was pretty cool. he just walked right up to the bar after their set. most people didn't know it was him, or more importantly that she would be nothing without him.

-mota

On the interview trail, I get asked a lot - "Are you really a potato and if you are, may I eat you?"

kaffy said:
No, I feel like a pear-shaped loser
Are you hippy? If not, you have no reason to feel the way you do! You are a super star in front of this virtual community. So the next time someone makes you feel that way you say "I am Kaffy, bitches, remember me?"

Members don't see this ad :)
laffy taffy kaffy.
-mota

desiredusername said:
You're going to Nebraska! Also, I hope you're woefully boring among other interviewees. If you can start to talk like William F. Buckley and break out pics of children (preferably someone else's; pictures that come from picture frames when you buy them will do nicely. To add to the effect: fold up the pics) I will send you 10 American Dollars. What can you buy for 10 Dollar? Anything you want.
Thank you. I am back now. Just a commoner. Nothing stellar or super about me. The loogie from the homeless guy helped confirm that too.

gdbaby said:
Thank you. I am back now. Just a commoner. Nothing stellar or super about me. The loogie from the homeless guy helped confirm that too.
gd, your my hero. Can I have your autograph (on my boobie :eek: )??
:love: (one of your groupies)

Not a superstar at all, but recognized I suppose.

I've had people say "You're SailCrazy! :idea: I know you!!! :) "

gdbaby said:
So, I got a mass email today to all the people using the student host program for their Creighton interviews this week. All I kept thinking as I was reading it was "is anyone going to email me back and ask if I am THE gdbaby of the SDN website? Is anyone going to ask me while we are waiting around for our interviews? Will they think I am as funny in person as I am in this virtual world?" Dear god, who do I think I am? i am off to meet some new people.

SailCrazy said:
Not a superstar at all, but recognized I suppose.

I've had people say "You're SailCrazy! :idea: I know you!!! :) "

I've had a few people figure me out. At Baylor we all introduced ourselves and my introduction was enough for people to realize who I was.

I think there are levels of stardom on SDN. I mean, there are the SUPERstars, like the Elvis's and Chers (Praetorian, gdbaby, DaMota, Moose) there are the Stars like Tom Selleck, Angela Lansbery, Phil Donahue (shredder, rayhan, turkeyman) who don't quite rise up to superstardom mostly because they only post in one forum. Then there are people who are famous, but not really stars. These are the Zsa Zsa Gabors and Richard Simmons of the world - people know them but don't really know why they are famous, or how the heck they really pay their bills. That would be the Flopotomist. :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe we should start an analogy thingy~

Elvis - Moose (he has his own fan club, and is a slightly older applicant)
Cher - Praetorian (he works in multiple forums and will be around for ever)
Jerry Lewis - gdbaby (the french love her, she is hilarious, and is the nutty professor)
Donald Trump - Shredder (too easy)
Ghandi - rayhan (faces adversity, ends up successful)
Jackie Chan - Turkeyman

This is fun! We need more! Maybe I should start a separate thread... hmmm...

MoosePilot said:
I've had a few people figure me out. At Baylor we all introduced ourselves and my introduction was enough for people to realize who I was.
Interestingly, no one has ever figured out who I was at an interview. (Or if they did, they didn't say anything to me. :p )

QofQuimica said:
Interestingly, no one has ever figured out who I was at an interview. (Or if they did, they didn't say anything to me. :p )

Yeah, I suppose I don't count since I knew beforehand. :cool:

i'm the scat man. kind of hard to miss.
-mota

I go to a nontraditional commuter school so people aren't around much to notice me. But when I pass by a dark window I notice me. Damn I'm fine.

littleroo said:
Moose is really handsome, and he wears a uniform. If he interviewed here, we'd probably throw our bras at him. *sigh* He's such a dreamboat.

Why, why, why didn't you interview here?

Why, Roo, I didn't know you wore a bra!

littleroo said:
Moose is really handsome, and he wears a uniform. If he interviewed here, we'd probably throw our bras at him. *sigh* He's such a dreamboat.

Why, why, why didn't you interview here?

Moose, seems like you have a big fan. :)

roo, I could never find a decent bra that felt right until I went to Victoria's Secret. I threw out all my panties and bras that weren't VS... and I swore I would never ever go back to anything else ever again. Try them... they have lots of different styles and fits. Worth every single penny.

littleroo said:
It's been discussed at length in my thread, but here's the short version of my boobies' sad, sad story. I have an unusual size (small ribcage). VS used to carry my size but now doesn't. I did find some on their website, actually, but I'm leery of buying bras online -- how can you buy a bra w/o trying it on?! It could be fugly or fit wrong or have enormous seams or something. Not that it would matter much b/c it's not like the ones I have now fit right anyway...

Oh the crosses I have borne.
I am so horrified to have learned that women TRY ON bras before purchasing them.... that just sounds dirty. I mean, I am not putting on underwear after some other guy has been in them!

Roo, couldn't you return them to any VS store? Most online stores, when they also have walk-in storefronts, let you return to the storefront store. Couldn't hurt to ask. Or ask the store to order them in for you.

Flopotomist said:
I am so horrified to have learned that women TRY ON bras before purchasing them.... that just sounds dirty. I mean, I am not putting on underwear after some other guy has been in them!
Flop, let's face it, getting something to fit your breasts is a WHOLE lot different than getting something to fit your scrotum. And I don't think a scrotum 'bounces' around quite as much as breasts. It's more like trying men trying on a shirt, really. I mean, lots of men try on shirts next to their bare skin and then put them back on the rack - is trying on a bra any different?

I used to work at VS and you wouldn't beleive the stuff that goes on there: women peeing in the dressing rooms, TRYING on underwear, coming into the store with wads of sweaty one dollar bills. I need to write a book.

gdbaby said:
I used to work at VS and you wouldn't beleive the stuff that goes on there: women peeing in the dressing rooms, TRYING on underwear, coming into the store with wads of sweaty one dollar bills. I need to write a book.
EWWWWWW!
It had to be said. And peeing in the dressing rooms? What? I thought I was the only one.

gdbaby said:
OH... MY... GOODNESS! Peeing? In the dressing room? This just reinforces my belief that girls are icky.

gdbaby said:

Would you know if someone had sex in the dressing room?
ui_angel.gif

ShyRem said:
And I don't think a scrotum 'bounces' around quite as much as breasts.

Well, that only applies if you are non-URM.

gdbaby said:

Superstar? You super suck!

I was at an interview recently where people were discussing SDN. Most everyone was like "ya, I visit, but I never post", while a couple others admitted to having a few posts under their name. At that time, it just didn't feel appropriate announcing that "ya, I've got at least two thousand posts under my name..."
Superstar, or dip****? I havn't figured it out yet. :D

SanDiegoSOD said:
I was at an interview recently where people were discussing SDN. Most everyone was like "ya, I visit, but I never post", while a couple others admitted to having a few posts under their name. At that time, it just didn't feel appropriate announcing that "ya, I've got at least two thousand posts under my name..."

Superstar? You super suck!

MoosePilot said:
Would you know if someone had sex in the dressing room?
ui_angel.gif
Yes, you would but the men generally don't venture back into VS far enough to get to the dressing rooms.

My favorite VS moment was when this transvestite came in, started telling me about her breast augmentation surgery and used MY BREASTS to point out where the scar was. When she left I said "What the f--- just happened here?" "Did I just get felt up?"

gdbaby said:
My favorite VS moment was when this transvestite came in, started telling me about her breast augmentation surgery and used MY BREASTS to point out where the scar was. When she left I said "What the f--- just happened here?" "Did I just get felt up?"
lmao, gdbaby, you are insane. :laugh: Keep 'em stories comin'. :thumbup:

you know, when i saw the title of this thread, i said to myself that the word "scrotum" would make an appearance by post #34. and i was right.

QofQuimica said:
lmao, gdbaby, you are insane. :laugh: Keep 'em stories comin'. :thumbup:
Q I was thinking of you as I gave my presentation about allenes and the synthesis of 9,10-pentacosadiene on Moday. I was talking about chirality (researchers were looking for the R config.) and people looked at my puzzled, including my prof. And I said, well really for chirality all you need are orbitals in orthogonal planes and the allene pi systems allows for that. Damn I was good and I thought you would be proud.

Granted this isn't as exciting as ALL my VS stories, but I wanted to share.

gdbaby said:
Q I was thinking of you as I gave my presentation about allenes and the synthesis of 9,10-pentacosadiene on Moday. I was talking about chirality (researchers were looking for the R config.) and people looked at my puzzled, including my prof. And I said, well really for chirality all you need are orbitals in orthogonal planes and the allene pi systems allows for that. Damn I was good and I thought you would be proud.

Granted this isn't as exciting as ALL my VS stories, but I wanted to share.
Good work, gdbaby. :thumbup: I definitely approve. :D They don't generally cover chirality due to lack of rotation in sophomore organic courses, so you're doing some advanced stuff. And no, in case anyone is worried, this won't be on the MCAT. :laugh:

SanDiegoSOD said:

I think its funny since I was sitting at the same table with you and took that moment to inspect the financial aid packet...SDN who?

Edit: you ARE a superstar :)

gdbaby said:
Yes, you would but the men generally don't venture back into VS far enough to get to the dressing rooms.

:laugh:

Hahahaha!

:smug:

SanDiegoSOD said:
Nobody mentioned SDN at my interviews, so I just kept my mouth shut....