1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

anyone else freaking about all the necessary LOR's???!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by laelialudisia, Jul 20, 2006.

1. laelialudisia

laelialudisia they misunderestimated me
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    okay, so i have submitted my aadsas app. and it has been mailed out thankfully along with 3 of my LOR's, but i am applying to 7 schools and they each require different types of LOR's, so i will end up with like 8 LOR's, and i am scrambling to get these all together and mailed out.

i feel completely blindsided by how many different types of LOR's are required by different schools and now i am freaking out that it is going to hold up my interviews b/c my app. won't be considered "complete" until each school receives thier required LOR's. so, despite getting my app. mailed out and suppls. completed i am worried that i won't be extended interviews until all these LOR's are received!!!!!! i still need a few people to write and submit them and then we all know how long it takes aadsas to mail them out!!!

anyone else freaking out about this or have any words of comfort??? :scared:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. whiskeysour

whiskeysour up'n the competition
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    umm, YES diff schools have diff LOR requirements....

But 8 LORs are a little extreme.

i have my bases covered for probably every school in the country with 5 LORs... bio prof, chem prof, research prof, calc. prof, and dentist.

do you mind explaining how you came to the conclusion that you will need 8 LORs??

oh yea, stop stressing out..

WS :)

4. laelialudisia

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    b/c some schools want 3 natural science professors, some want 2 from in your major (which for me wasn't science), some want a letter from a private practice dentist, some want a letter from anyone having known you in an extracurricular activity (ie. volunteering), so that brings me up to 7 and i have another that is now superfluous already submitted, so that brings me to 8 - only 1 of which is unnecessary

5. whiskeysour

5+ Year Member

hmm, interesting. i guess i'm not applying to the same schools as you :D

6. laelialudisia

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    does anyone know if getting these in holds up your interview? i can't believe they even look at your LOR's until AFTER you interview b/c that would be A LOT of LOR's to go through.

7. issa

issa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i applied to just 4 schools and all i needed is 3. if you need more then you should have asked for them 5 or 6 months ago and send them all to aadsas at once in may or june.

8. whiskeysour

5+ Year Member

your application is not reviewed until it is complete. your application is complete when your LOR requirement is met. therefore, you will not be considered for an interview until they receive your application, fee, dat scores, and LORs.