anyone else freaking about all the necessary LOR's???!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laelialudisia

they misunderestimated me
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so i have submitted my aadsas app. and it has been mailed out thankfully along with 3 of my LOR's, but i am applying to 7 schools and they each require different types of LOR's, so i will end up with like 8 LOR's, and i am scrambling to get these all together and mailed out.

i feel completely blindsided by how many different types of LOR's are required by different schools and now i am freaking out that it is going to hold up my interviews b/c my app. won't be considered "complete" until each school receives thier required LOR's. so, despite getting my app. mailed out and suppls. completed i am worried that i won't be extended interviews until all these LOR's are received!!!!!! i still need a few people to write and submit them and then we all know how long it takes aadsas to mail them out!!!

anyone else freaking out about this or have any words of comfort??? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

laelialudisia said:
okay, so i have submitted my aadsas app. and it has been mailed out thankfully along with 3 of my LOR's, but i am applying to 7 schools and they each require different types of LOR's, so i will end up with like 8 LOR's, and i am scrambling to get these all together and mailed out.

i feel completely blindsided by how many different types of LOR's are required by different schools and now i am freaking out that it is going to hold up my interviews b/c my app. won't be considered "complete" until each school receives thier required LOR's. so, despite getting my app. mailed out and suppls. completed i am worried that i won't be extended interviews until all these LOR's are received!!!!!! i still need a few people to write and submit them and then we all know how long it takes aadsas to mail them out!!!

anyone else freaking out about this or have any words of comfort??? :scared:

umm, YES diff schools have diff LOR requirements....

But 8 LORs are a little extreme.

i have my bases covered for probably every school in the country with 5 LORs... bio prof, chem prof, research prof, calc. prof, and dentist.

do you mind explaining how you came to the conclusion that you will need 8 LORs??

oh yea, stop stressing out..

WS :)

b/c some schools want 3 natural science professors, some want 2 from in your major (which for me wasn't science), some want a letter from a private practice dentist, some want a letter from anyone having known you in an extracurricular activity (ie. volunteering), so that brings me up to 7 and i have another that is now superfluous already submitted, so that brings me to 8 - only 1 of which is unnecessary

Members don't see this ad :)
laelialudisia said:
b/c some schools want 3 natural science professors, some want 2 from in your major (which for me wasn't science), some want a letter from a private practice dentist, some want a letter from anyone having known you in an extracurricular activity (ie. volunteering), so that brings me up to 7 and i have another that is now superfluous already submitted, so that brings me to 8 - only 1 of which is unnecessary

hmm, interesting. i guess i'm not applying to the same schools as you :D

does anyone know if getting these in holds up your interview? i can't believe they even look at your LOR's until AFTER you interview b/c that would be A LOT of LOR's to go through.

i applied to just 4 schools and all i needed is 3. if you need more then you should have asked for them 5 or 6 months ago and send them all to aadsas at once in may or june.

laelialudisia said:
does anyone know if getting these in holds up your interview? i can't believe they even look at your LOR's until AFTER you interview b/c that would be A LOT of LOR's to go through.

your application is not reviewed until it is complete. your application is complete when your LOR requirement is met. therefore, you will not be considered for an interview until they receive your application, fee, dat scores, and LORs.