Quantcast

Anyone else get email rejection from UC Davis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Just got rejected by email. But I just sent a letter of interest so I'm wondering if this was a mass email or a result of my letter.

thejonqproject

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
yup. called yesterday. think they are making last decisions it seems this week.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they choose not to tell OOS students anything? I have heard nothing from them...

mikeinsd

predictably unpredictable
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they choose not to tell OOS students anything? I have heard nothing from them...

I am in-state, and have heard nothing (been complete since october)
i would be happy for even a rejection at this point - i just want to know what the heck is going on...

SpiresAAC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything, haven't even gotten a secondary...what's up with that?

iceman77_7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got rejected by email. But I just sent a letter of interest so I'm wondering if this was a mass email or a result of my letter.

I got one yesterday. I've also called them about updates and they say that they aren't taking any this year because they're so backed up. They all go into a drawer or something.

Oddsnends

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got one too. Ah, good 'ole mass Email rejection.

PeripateticMD

Peripatetic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems a bit harsh to do mass email rejections... is Davis one of the few to do this? or is this normal? I thought they at least paid postage for rejection letters...

aspiring med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
o that's so funny. i got mine too after making my 2nd status check call (1st one last week). i thought it was the result of me bugging them, but i was certainly relieved--would rather know now than later.

Members don't see this ad :)

GoGoPandaBot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an interview! How do they reject preinterview? - I'd rather not find out myself so maybe someone can tell me.

Tatowedges

clap your hands say yeah
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Blah, got the email right after visiting a friend at UC Davis over the weekend. I was about to write an update letter too! Haha I guess this saves me the trouble.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an interview! How do they reject preinterview? - I'd rather not find out myself so maybe someone can tell me.

Email. This was pre-interview. Apparently we aren't even worth the paper to print a rejection letter on.

GoGoPandaBot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, until I hear of anyone getting one of these on Thursday, I guess it back to waiting until the next adcom meeting.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh man..now im worried...

I just got a hold preinterview at UCSD...

Dreading the UC-davis e-mail =(

yabbadabbadoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all you peeps that got emails.. is it pre or post interview?!

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything, haven't even gotten a secondary...what's up with that?

Seriously..ucla and uc irvine give me a secondary and uc davis completely ignores me. Thanks alot davis!

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey alwaysangel, I saw your reply, but none of the 6+ other people that got the email said anything about their interview status..

I can almost guarantee you they were all pre-interview. Most schools send out rejections in batches and they're usually the same type.

yabbadabbadoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
great, thanks.. i wonder if anyone who has had an interview has gotten a rejection yet?

kbear12

Wishin' and Hopin'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
great, thanks.. i wonder if anyone who has had an interview has gotten a rejection yet?

yes, a couple of rejections and a bunch of holds. a few acceptances. check out the other Davis Final Decisions thread. the current thread seems to mostly be for pre-int folks.

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing as the OP too. I sent in a LOI, and shortly thereafter I received the email. I wonder.. at other schools I was told that the LOI is what made them interested in me. But maybe at Davis it works against..

K

kurlyque

Any more rejections sent out? Just wondering if they are sending out small batches of rejections each week or what. I have called twice and each time they told me a decision had been made and I will be hearing shortly... but then nearly a month later I still haven't heard a word!

starrydreamer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Email rejections are SO lame. I've been "avoiding" rejections lately by not checking my mail, so that email took me by surprise. :oops: