anyone else get owned by the buffers and titration section in TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I did just fine on the previous four chapters, but this chapter totally owned me. There was some stuff in it that was deeply confusing. Anyone else think this was a rough chapter?

Members don't see this ad.

Guess im the only one, hahaha

the pka is in the middle of the flat part of the curve, at which point the acid and base forms are in equal concentrations. if it's a multiprotic acid, then there will be 2 or 3 flat parts, for dissociation of each proton. what part of the topic owned you?

the pka is in the middle of the flat part of the curve, at which point the acid and base forms are in equal concentrations. if it's a multiprotic acid, then there will be 2 or 3 flat parts, for dissociation of each proton. what part of the topic owned you?

hm well on the first passage i 0/7 right, lol. But then I got 5/7 7/7 5/7...Maybe it was just the passage that confused me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...I think I hate that chapter the most and I am going to have to re-read because yes it is confusing. I did the first passage made me whant to re-read the chapter again.

Read the chapter at least 5 times... seriously, read it more and more carefully each time and you will do fine on the passages. This was one of my worst areas and it ended out coming out the best after reviewing the passages.
The explanations for this chapter are very good also.

Thanks for the input guys..haha when I saw that I got a 0/7 on the first passage I wanted to throw my tbr book through the window, lol

I think some of the questions in the ek 1001 physics are way harder than TBR physics, lol.

Yes, EK seems to ask textbook problems which I don't think is representative of the MCAT.
But after seeing what people have scored on the 30+ MCAT forum, many used EK or physics so I don't know :cool: