Anyone else get there PCOM Summer Start Mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surrender903

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey PCOMers!

anyone else get a schedule this week about the upcoming SS1 schedule? I got mine on firday, but if you did give me a shout out ! :)

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I did not get mine yet....

Whwere are you satying...I need a place to stay for the length of the summerstart program...See, im not sure if im going to PCOM or not because I am still on the waiting list for my home school, but i need to go for summerstrat in order to keep my acceptance...

Let me know if you know someone that needs a roomate for about a month or so, or a place to stay for about a month...

Members don't see this ad :)
got it today

Just received the Biochem schedule today. Also received something from the bursars office about setting up direct deposit for FA refund, ID picture, and parking. Hopefully there are still spots in the parking garage.

Hey--

Does anyone know when we get financial aid checks? I'm assuming the financial aid comes before tuition's due-- I'm feeling a little lost with the lack of correspondence from PCOM!

any info is appreciated!

ErinG said:
Hey--
Does anyone know when we get financial aid checks? I'm assuming the financial aid comes before tuition's due-- I'm feeling a little lost with the lack of correspondence from PCOM!
any info is appreciated!

Don't sweat the timing. What generally happens is that PCOM gets everyone's check about the same time, deducts the appropriate tuition/fees then gives you a refund check. First and second year you get the checks right after the beginning of each term, third and fourth year you get them quarterly. The bursar's office is extremely flexible and understands the situation with almost everyone on some sort of financial aid.

thanks-
wait-- does that mean the students have to pay the tuition, then we get reimbursed? I don't have 10K just hanging around... What's the refund check? I thought that financial aid would get to us before our bills are due (kinda defeats the purpose if it doesn't).

thanks!

Stopped by PCOM today to get my student ID and parking badge. I can only imagine how much of a clusterf**k it will be to do this when school starts. 250+DO students plus other new grad students trying to cram into the bursars office which only holds about 10 people.

I am going on Teusday for just that reason. what did they need for parking. The mailing said info but did not specify what they expected.

For the parking form just make sure you know the plate number. Simple form, make, model, and color. They also said my ID badge would be activated for summer start so I would be able to park in the parking garage. I do not know if it matters b/c there was know charge for parking today but that may only be b/c of the alumni stuff going on and graduation.

ErinG said:
thanks-
wait-- does that mean the students have to pay the tuition, then we get reimbursed? I don't have 10K just hanging around... What's the refund check? I thought that financial aid would get to us before our bills are due (kinda defeats the purpose if it doesn't).

thanks!

No, no...not at all. The loan company automatically sends PCOM the full check...$12,500 or whatever it is each trimester. PCOM takes out the $10,000 or whatever out for tuition, and then they send you (via direct deposit or mail) the extra $2500 for living expenses, books, etc. It may seem confusing at first, but as long as your financial aid is set (you've filled out fafsa, have a master promissory note, etc), you don't have to do anything else, and everything should be alright.

ahhhhhhh, thanks for the clarification!

See you all soon!

:laugh:

raptor5 said:
Stopped by PCOM today to get my student ID and parking badge. I can only imagine how much of a clusterf**k it will be to do this when school starts. 250+DO students plus other new grad students trying to cram into the bursars office which only holds about 10 people.

ClusterF is one word for it. When we had orientation for biomed we were in the Zedeck auditorium with all of the PAs and PsyDs while the entire DO first year class was next door. All of the faculty and staff doing orientation were running back and forth in the hall between the two auditoriums. If you can do it I would highly suggest getting as much of your administrative stuff done before that first couple of days. There is a 30-40 minute wait at fin aid, bursars, nurse, student affairs, etc. Better to get it done early then you can just chill and bs with the rest of the class.