anyone else get

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OpalOnyx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a little rattled about what to put in thank you notes?

what do people usually put apart from "thank you for your time" yada yada yada

sincerely,
paranoid pre-med

Members don't see this ad.

a little rattled about what to put in thank you notes?

what do people usually put apart from "thank you for your time" yada yada yada

sincerely,
paranoid pre-med

You can write about why you like the school, the good experiences you have, how you can see yourself fitting in as a student the next coming school year. If you and your interviewer connected on a topic, you can talk about that. Basically anything that shows that you're really into the school and you'd like to attend. I like to write something along the lines of "hope to see you next year."

I had a question regarding thank you notes after interviews too. Is sending an e-mail sufficient or do you guys think it should be done with an actual card or letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question regarding thank you notes after interviews too. Is sending an e-mail sufficient or do you guys think it should be done with an actual card or letter?

Personally, I always wrote out my thank you cards and mailed it to them. I guess it shows that you took time out to write it and has a personal touch to it. Would you mail a birthday card or send a electronic birthday card to someone you care about??

Is it really necessary to write thank you notes? I haven't been doing it so far, and generally don't get the sense that I need to.

I write thank you cards, I usually add something from the interview/conversation, so that its more personal and not just a cut n paste job.

I like sending email because it leaves open the possibility of getting a response!

My dad interviews a lot of people, and I asked him his thoughts on personal letter vs email thank you. He says he personally prefers e-mail thank you's because its less cumbersome to deal with. To each their own though.

no, you don't need to write thank you notes for interviews.

After my interview at NOVA the admissions rep handed us the emails of our interviewers and said that was preferred...totally depends. I hand wrote my other ones tho.

I like sending email because it leaves open the possibility of getting a response!

Excellent point, I was just gonna say that too. Hand written cards are over-rated, and what is the reader gonna do? Snail mail a reply back to you? lol.

Just email them. It is convenient, and if they are interested in you, they might just respond back. They would have to be kind of stuck up to look down upon an email as 'too informal' way of communication. It is the 21st century, get with the program folks!