Anyone Else Gotten a Family Member Addicted to SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JM.

The Yellow Dart
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't been posting long, but I have managed to get my mom hooked. She checks the boards more often than me and keeps me updated. She also comes up to me - someone asked a questions about apply,inteview,accept stats, and the answer is on pg 13, you should get on there and tell them or, honey, don't worry it says here that Einstein is still interviewing, ect.

So look out - if I post somehting that looks mom-like, it may be mom, and mom, if you are reading this - hi :) :love:

Members don't see this ad.

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Talk about the technology having redefined the concept of a supportive family!
You guys are a model family of the digital age :D

Hi jmwalker's mom ;)

you told you mom about SDN? Oh great. That's like giving your mom crack and telling her just to use a little.

Members don't see this ad :)
my mom found it somehow, and she is so proud her daughter works so hard at work that she has over 2000 posts! ;) HI MOM!

Originally posted by lola
my mom found it somehow, and she is so proud her daughter works so hard at work that she has over 2000 posts! ;) HI MOM!

Good lord lola! How many of those are from work?

I applied last year. Once when I was at my folk's home, I left SDN on my mom's computer. She and my dad started checking it regularly. I didn't have internet access at work, so I think they checked it more often than I did. I would get calls from my mom - "School X sent out a batch of acceptences today. Did you get one?" , "Poster Y just got off the waitlist at school Z, I guess their list is moving!" Then she would like to discuss the posters themselves. She thought Doctora Foxy was very sweet. She even played sleuth to figure out who I was. (I never volunteered my poster name.)

I think it was fun for her, because I was far away, and often too busy to call. It let her keep tabs on what was going on with the process.

BTW - good luck to everyone applying this year. I really think that medical school itself, while not easier is much, much less stressful than applying. At least the first year, that is.

Originally posted by Adcadet
Good lord lola! How many of those are from work?

at least half i'd say! :oops:
when you have a job sitting behind a computer ALL day, posting can be very tempting.

Originally posted by lola
at least half i'd say! :oops:
when you have a job sitting behind a computer ALL day, posting can be very tempting.

this is where I claim to have no clue what you're talking about ;)