Anyone else have trouble with TPR 482?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WonderBoy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am taking TPR. I just took 482 to test which is my second diag. and I scored one point lower on it than I did on the original diag. I don't know what happened, I thought I had done well. My score went from a 6V 6B 5P to 4V 7B 5P. So i am kind of freaking out. Anyone else have a similar experience? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I just took 482 this past weekend. I went from 7V 6B 6P (481) to 8V 8B 5P (482). I was pretty bummed about the physics score, since this is the only subject I really concentrated on since the last test. Did anyone find the physics particularly challenging on 482? It could be that I just need to stop reading SDN and start studying, what do you think? :p

hey guys from what I heard, you should add 1-2 points to each section so that you'll know how you would do in the real thing. TPR practice exams are brutal, so don't sweat it!!!! JUST KEEP STUDYING HARD!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Dr. Don:
•hey guys from what I heard, you should add 1-2 points to each section so that you'll know how you would do in the real thing. TPR practice exams are brutal, so don't sweat it!!!! JUST KEEP STUDYING HARD!!!•••••If that's the case, I got a 10-11 on BS and PS. For VR, 4-5. I just totally bomb the VR. I felt the BS were was straight forward. The PS was the section that consume the most time. The reason why people don't finish it or have problems with it is b/c you have to recognize what is being asked by the question. For VR, I'm trying Examkrackers' method for the first time, b/c the Princeton Review's method just isn't working for me.

I went from a 8V 8BS 6PS to a 7V 8BS 6PS...and almost everyone here at Baylor that I've talked to went down one way or another. I've only talked to one guy who went up, and he went from a 25 to a 29 (all on verbal), but he's also taken a year off to study all this material. Hope this helps...

I totally feel your pain. I completely blew 482. I went down from 9V 6BS 4 PS on 481 to 6V 7BS 4PS. Three friggin' points in verbal. I hate their ****ty techniques. I just bought the Examkrackers Verbal and thought it was awesome! One of their exercises was to answer actually MCAT questions WITHOUT READING THE PASSAGE AT ALL. I actually got 18/23 correct without reading the passage. THen, they have you read a passage, analyze the author, then answer questions (without looking back at the passage). I got all those questions right.
I think their stategy is far better, more thought out and realistic. I hate all that mapping crap. I know how to read, and doing TPR's **** is just causing me to waste time.
I've been very discouraged by my results and have started blowing off class to study by myself.
I guess we'll see how it goes. You're not alone!!

:p

When I took TPR last year, my score went down on 482. Don't sweat it guys, you still have a lot of practice tests to get under your belt before the big day!

You really won't notice much of an improvement until toward the end. Your scores will stay around the same range, then all of a sudden they will skyrocket to approximately what you will score on the real thing. The thing is, you haven't covered all the material yet, so how could you expect to go up significanlty. Hang in there.

Thanks for all of the encouragement and advice everyone! Which AAMC tests would any of you recommend to purchase, in order to get a feel for what a real MCAT is like?
Thanks!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by frogger2:
•Thanks for all of the encouragement and advice everyone! Which AAMC tests would any of you recommend to purchase, in order to get a feel for what a real MCAT is like?
Thanks!•••••The last two diags that TPR are giving us are AAMC Test V and Test VI, so it'd be pointless to buy those...

Yeah, I've heard that the only really "good" AAMC tests are IV and V. Since we're taking V and VI, through TPR I'm not going to buy any additional MCAT stuff. I really think that $1500 for test prep (and registration) is enough.