Anyone else having trouble with SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spacekat

fictitious
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several times over the last few days, for maybe an hour at a time, I've gotten a "connection refused" message when I tried to log on.

Anybody else having troubles?

Or is it my computer?

Or is it a PEBKAC error?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i've gotten an error trying to go to the forums several times, but i just assumed it was my laptop which recently has been acting like its on crack.

it's not ya'lls (will they make fun of me if i use that word north of virginia?) computers. i've had that problem lately too. my guess is that the site is being overloaded, ie we're just using it more than it was really designed to handle.

Members don't see this ad :)
seriously....

i really wanted to watch the "Australia: WTF?^^" again and show one of the kids i tutor what sdn is all about, but server issues wouldn't let me back on for a few hours.

oh well.

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
lots of forums issues lately. its not your computer. well, this isn't your computer.

yeah, i wonder what's going on? too much traffic?

Originally posted by TheresaW
+pissed+ Grrr, I hate it when I can't read my SDN!

Me too! I'm sitting here grinding out this horrific program for my robotics class, and I keep thinking "OK, two more cells and then I'll relax for a little bit."

Then reward time arrives and . . . oh! No! That is just too cruel!

i was reading this exact thread when it went down... now if it went down again i would have to go back to studying for the final i have tomorrow morning, but if not then ill procrastinate a lil longer --

I was writing a really well-thought out and thoughtful post. I pressed "Submit Reply" and the whole thing went down. I wasn't able to get back in forever! This happened several times in the last couple of days too... +pissed+ Give me SDN or give me death!