Anyone Else Having Weird SDN Formatting Issues Today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like a website from 1998 vomited all over SDN today. Is this affecting anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 34 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same, ugh

Edit: Has anyone figured out where the alerts/notifications are in this format?

Yep. Feels like a time capsule

Yes! I hope it's a hiccup as you say, and not an intentional style update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile

App is working normally FWIW but both I.E./chrome/Firefox show the #tbt version of SDN.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I found a temporary and rather ironic workaround- the formatting issues only affect SDN Blue, so if you go to the bottom of the page and change your preferred style to SDN Classic it fixes things. Classic brings you back to the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
This is going to make great fodder for my overcoming adversity secondaries

Reactions: 16 users
Use "Default Style" and it should bring you back to normal.

Not sure what's going on with SDN Blue but it shall be looked into.

Reactions: 5 users
Does it make me weird if I don't mind the 90s retro look?

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like a website from 1998 vomited all over SDN today. Is this affecting anyone else?

Yeah it looks similar to this

internet-explorer-download-old.png

SDN Classic solved the problem, so that's good. But having more styles is an even better option

It looks a bit like what you'd see if you looked at a google cache of SDN

It looks a bit like what you'd see if you looked at a google cache of SDN
or when you want to print SDN so you can read it without internet connection : D

I can dig this 2008 look...

Love me some windows 98 formatting. Who wants to come over and drink Capri-Sun and play gamecube while we wait for our hard-drives to defrag so we can play DOOM?

Reactions: 14 users
Lee forgot to update his Internet Explorer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Wow I have discovered a great appreciation for SDN Blue and how much better it looks than classic

Reactions: 4 users
Same, ugh

Edit: Has anyone figured out where the alerts/notifications are in this format?
If you click on your own profile name and once you get to your profile keep scrolling down. On the left side of the screen eventually you'll see a place where it has your Alerts

Looks like the IT guy turned SDN off and forgot to turn it back on. Classic mistake.

Close, it was 1999. Fixed the issue - one of our service providers had a bad server.

I thought SDN limited my access b/c I have too much swag on this forum.

What are your thoughts on adding more styles beyond SDN Classic and SDN Blue?
I've been working on a cleaner version of SDN Blue, but I think we need a dark/night mode version for sure.

I'd be happy to add others if there is popular support for a specific template. (Our forums run on the XenForo platform.)

Reactions: 3 users
I've been working on a cleaner version of SDN Blue, but I think we need a dark/night mode version for sure.

I'd be happy to add others if there is popular support for a specific template. (Our forums run on the XenForo platform.)
Joined date: Dec 31, 1999 - internet was around back then?

Exactly! They're having AWS problems.
My gf got held up at work because she couldn't do accounts payable for the last four hours care of Amazon. AWS is one of those things that when it works, it's amazing and you don't think about it, but when SHTF, it really hits the fan.

I actually really like SDN Blue as-is, but a night theme and a simplified Blue would be pretty cool.

I actually really like SDN Blue as-is, but a night theme and a simplified Blue would be pretty cool.
May as well make 50 shades of blue SDN edition. I hear women are overhydrated regarding anything w/ 50 shades nowadays.

I visited the XenForo website and there are a lot of styles available for use (although I believe we could make our own styles anyways). I think for now, a night mode version would be useful. And any variation of the blues similar to the SDN logo would be nice.

How on earth do I get this off SDN classic now? I switched earlier today when it was being weird but now I'm stuck here.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page, it should say Style: Old School SDN Forums (in a bar above the copyright text). Click on that, and you will have the option to switch back.

How on earth do I get this off SDN classic now? I switched earlier today when it was being weird but now I'm stuck here.

Night mode (beta) is now available.