Anyone else just sleep all day the weekend after exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJay4534533

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Idk what it is, because this never happened to me in undergrad, but I’ve noticed since being in Med school, I feel SUPER tired in the day following my exam. Like, I wake up on Saturday after 8 hours of sleep, but I just want to go back to sleep for the rest of the day. It’s happened after all of our exams, where I just feel exhausted. Is it just the combined effects of all the sleep I was missing leading up to the exam? Lol. Like, today is supposed to be my day off so that I can live and do fun stuff, but I don’t even have the energy to do anything except eat & take cat naps lol.

just curious if anyone else notices this happen to them as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always did lol

Reactions: 1 users
100%.

Most of the time I try to get the extra ZZZ.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a side effect of this depression thing I've been learning about...

Reactions: 1 users
yup. checking in from my bed where i have been all day (and yesterday was also lazy)

Reactions: 5 users
Im in between rotations and this is me.
I'm on an elective block that's a total snoozefest and just asked my friend what antibiotic they gave him for RSV. Gonna be hearing about this one for a while

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yes! I don’t sleep all weekend but I’m definitely tired all weekend even though I get 8 hours of sleep during the week before exams. Kind of annoying to waste so much time, but whatever. I feel like exercise might help but I haven’t tried it :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I'm the anomaly. Don't get me wrong, I definitely sleep a little bit more, but after an exam I want to go do something. Maybe this will change as med school wears me down more.

Couldn't! That Friday we would hit the town. Splurge on a good dinner and what we thought was good alcohol at the time. God knows how we didn't die. Weekend we would do something fun, or at least active! No good free time to waste! Same thing as an "adult." For some reason the precious day or two I have off I am up at 3-4am in the morning running all over the place, sometimes drawing mustaches on my wife while she's still asleep.

• Haha