Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone else "me$$ed up" in grad school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jhk43, Mar 19, 2004.

1. jhk43

jhk43 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, how are you doing? do grad school grades matter?

2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    umm i hardly think one C+ in grad school is going to raise the eye of many admissions committees when people with multiple Cs and much lower gpas get in to medical school without their grades being discussed in detail.

3. no its NOT necessary to explain one C. If they ask about it an interview, they probably don't really care but just want to see how you react. do you really care that much>

4. pathdr2b

pathdr2b Membership Revoked
    Removed

The one "C" may not be a problem, but my understanding is that Grad students need to have at least a 3.7 to be competitive for med school admissions.

5. snapdad

snapdad Rock and Roll Doctor
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I'm not sure about the 3.7. I got a 3.4 in grad school due to the exact same thing happening to me with the group presentations...twice. $%%#* group work. Anyway, I've had six interview invites (out of ten apps). I went to three interviews of the six, and have had one acceptance, one waitlist, and one pending decision so far.

6. jhk43

jhk43 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thx, sorry for being all anal. i'm starting to realize i'm THAT premed guy. :scared: