Anyone else NOT depressed/annoyed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amirr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts recently saying "I'm don't like this," "This is too hard," etc.

Personally, I'm in love with school right now...the notion of knowing one day I can be a doctor is enough motivation to keep me going every day. I enjoy reading, listening to lecture, and studying.

It seems like a few of us forgot why we're doing this, so remind yourselves! We're doing this to make the world a better place, to help people, and to help yourself. Whatever your reason is, remember it! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. Although my life is challenging and busy, I definitely love it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I wish pre-med culture weren't so much about complaining but I guess an anonymous Internet forum will amplify that.

Exactly, the majority of people only go on forums when they either have a question to ask, or have something to complain about. That's why there is so much doom and gloom on these boards....

But yes I am enjoying school thoroughly!

I've seen a few posts recently saying "I'm don't like this," "This is too hard," etc.

Personally, I'm in love with school right now...the notion of knowing one day I can be a doctor is enough motivation to keep me going every day. I enjoy reading, listening to lecture, and studying.

It seems like a few of us forgot why we're doing this, so remind yourselves! We're doing this to make the world a better place, to help people, and to help yourself. Whatever your reason is, remember it! :D

Of course, a lot of people here are complaining because they have social issues which are screwing with them, myself included. However, the drive to become a doctor is what's keeping me afloat right now. I don't like my college/university because it's not a fit for me and I hope to change that by next fall. Hopefully when that day comes around my life will be more settled down and I'll be a happier person. :)

You know what they say, the hardest part about medical school is getting in.

I agree!!! Glad someone said it.
People whiinnnee and crryyy about it all. YOU PICKED THIS! As others have said, the drive to one day be a doctor and really help society is what pushes me through. I recently started visiting med schools and that has totally remotivated me!
people should try it

I really love the challenge and the feeling of accomplishment after my work pays off with really good grades. So, basically I'm on an upward spiral, positive, and fully engaged with the flow of things that are happening right now, not just with school either. :thumbup: Yeah, I like the idea of making society better. But I don't forget that society can only become better if I myself become better since I'm part of society and this world. So, I'm my number one priority right now. :D

all this gooey, happy stuff is bringing me down. blegh.

The people in this thread are complaining about people who complain. Perfect example of neurotic behavior.

Also, LOL.

Last edited:
I just posted a thread to the opposite of this. Sorry to continue the depressive mood :oops:/

i don't think anyone has ever said that. because it's false.

I've had multiple med students tell me this also. But I think it would be harder in the sense that with med school, you have a class of 100-170 people all pulling for each other to do well and get through together, but in undergrad, it just winds up being you and a couple close friends against the world.

Obviously med school classes are hard, Step 1 is gonna be tough, etc. etc.

Well I can appreciate the spirit of this thread. I'll take it a step further and say you gotta enjoy life too. College was definitely the time of my life. Didn't bog myself down with a million extracurriculars, stuck to a couple things I was passionate about, took care of my grades, and just got accepted into med school. Now I'm taking it easy with a part-time job, traveling, engaging in some completely non-academic interests, and just recharging in general before I start up my first year next fall. Life is good.

i also love the feeling of having a million things to do, gets me right to work!

Hard work is stressful, but it pays off, and knowing that you have a goal makes it worth it.

So no, I'm not depressed, because I know I can get there if I apply myself. :)

I'm pretty happy right now. Done with undergrad and post-bacc, so I don't have to worry about exams and studying at the moment. Just received a hard copy of my first publication. Working in clinical research, which I really enjoy. I have an interview scheduled every ~2 weeks for the next 3 months. I have nothing to complain about.

today i got to help pull 2L of fluid from some guys pleural space when the resident's hands got tired. That was fun