Anyone else register...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shantster

Eye protection!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
... and get this crazy feeling like "holy s**t, I'm actually going to be taking the MCAT" after submitting the registration? It just feels so weird to actually be registered for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh that would be me! I still am kind of reeling a little. Next will be the application...Wooooooo. I can't believe that all I have worked for these past few years is coming to these next few months.

Marcia

I registered the day it opened. When do we find out what location we are assigned to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Teerawit said:
I registered the day it opened. When do we find out what location we are assigned to?

They will send you some stuff in the mail that will tell you where you are assigned. Since you've registered so early, you'll most likely get your first choice testing center :)

Ugh, I know how you feel! I registered a couple days ago, and thought "ugh, I have to take this darn test for the 2nd time!" I'm not looking forward to studying my rear off until April, but I know that's what I've got to do to get where I need to be.

May this be a lesson to all you first timers out there to rock the MCAT the first time around so you never, ever have to put yourself through it again :)

mdille2 said:
Oh that would be me! I still am kind of reeling a little. Next will be the application...Wooooooo. I can't believe that all I have worked for these past few years is coming to these next few months.

Marcia

I had the same feeling! Couldn't believe that I will actually be taking the test in April. I registered for the computerized version in Atlanta. Anyone else taking the computerized version?

rehanyazdani said:
I had the same feeling! Couldn't believe that I will actually be taking the test in April. I registered for the computerized version in Atlanta. Anyone else taking the computerized version?
I am taking the computerized version in Chicago. Hopefully all will go well.

Marcia

shantster said:
... and get this crazy feeling like "holy s**t, I'm actually going to be taking the MCAT" after submitting the registration? It just feels so weird to actually be registered for it.

My reaction was more like, "I can't believe I'm paying this much to put myself thru utter hell. Does this qualify as masochism?"

Anastasis said:
My reaction was more like, "I can't believe I'm paying this much to put myself thru utter hell. Does this qualify as masochism?"
Haha, I just registered, that was my thought too.

milkypuff said:
When did registration begin for the April 2006 test?

Registration has already started. If you're taking the paper version, I would probably register now if you want to get your desired testing center.

mdille2 said:
I am taking the computerized version in Chicago. Hopefully all will go well.

Marcia

Yeah I hope so as well! I know I can finish the essay in 30 minutes if I'm typing. Other than that, I like taking tests on computers. I just hope they have LCDs!

I registered today!!! WooHoo!!! I would have liked to take the computerized version but they don't offer it in Houston (only in Dallas) and I'm not going to drive that far. Hopefully paying all that money will make me realize that I need to start really studying now. I don't want to have to take it again in August. lol.