anyone else signed up for umdnj but now hesitant about going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBkid2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-11/1171605217205920.xml&coll=1#continue

i know this shouldnt influence anyone's decision, but its really annoyin to see things like this ruin a school's reputation. Especially since this is the 2nd big incident.

i also got into unc but havent made a decision yet, this may sway me...decisions decisions...

maybe this will help the umdnj waitlist...

Members don't see this ad.

wow thats really disspointing. the schools reputation seems to be slowly but surely going down the gutter.

I dont think this is the schools fault, only the students who decided to cheat. It shouldnt push you away from the school, in fact I would want to got there because I'd bet the school will be implementing new things and maybe new equipment to try to bring it's reputation around. Too bad these students' actions will now haunt the school for a long time to come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. It probably exists in other schools as well, they just haven't been caught yet. I doubt from a few isolated incidents that the school will lose their accreditation or that the rep will suffer for more than a little while. If it keeps happening, then I don't know.

please dont go lol. It's th eonly school I have a shot at getting into I just cant get an acceptance letter because supposedly they are full now...

I dont know much about the other school though and how it is price wise... It does kinda suck about the bad publicity that they got...