Anyone else starting the Duke Secondary now??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's already one week late, but is anyone else in the same boat?

With the Aug. MCAT and all, wouldn't they understand that a secondary is not top priority? I have great numbers and experience, but I just hope I'm not throwing away my money just because its fashionable late.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

From other Duke posts/threads, others in SDN have called Duke and asked about the 2-week deadline. They said that the adm office informed them that the deadline is not a firm deadline at all. Duke just wants you to send it in as soon as you can.

As for me, I didn't take Aug '02 MCAT and I was also late for almost a week. I don't think it matters. Good luck.

Hm. I think I've had it checked out for like a month now...those essays are miserable. If they want people to return it more quickly, they shouldn't be so mean to us. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a week late too...it would be almost impossible to get through all those q's and deal with life in general plus other apps in only two weeks! I guess they want to make sure that people who apply really want to go there???

good luck! :cool:

don't write a letter -- i think that would be counterproductive. just send it in when you are done, its not a big deal:) don't rush it too badly either, do a quality job and send it in - no point wasting time with 1 shoddy answer over an already long secondary gluck.jot

And for future reference, don't drive yourself bonkers over the questions like class rank, test scores, etc. I wasn't able to supply some of that information (took my SATs in 1984!), but they said it was fine just to leave it blank. Actually, I think I had to put zeros in because the application wouldn't allow blanks. This missing information didn't cause any problems at all.

Best of luck in the application process.

Took me three weeks for mine. What's worse is that, it only took me a total of two days to write it. Procrastination is great!

- Focus

this is directly of the Duke FAQ. As I am a non-trad and have little desire to track down my high school class rank/SAT/or ACT scores this is nice to see.

Your Question:
Q1024: If I have no SAT scores or high school rank, what should I do?

Your Answer:
You may put N/A to proceed.