Anyone else starting the Duke Secondary now??

Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
The inner-net
Visit site
Status
It's already one week late, but is anyone else in the same boat?

With the Aug. MCAT and all, wouldn't they understand that a secondary is not top priority? I have great numbers and experience, but I just hope I'm not throwing away my money just because its fashionable late.:confused:

jalan2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
From other Duke posts/threads, others in SDN have called Duke and asked about the 2-week deadline. They said that the adm office informed them that the deadline is not a firm deadline at all. Duke just wants you to send it in as soon as you can.

As for me, I didn't take Aug '02 MCAT and I was also late for almost a week. I don't think it matters. Good luck.

About the Ads

RSQ 1der

15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2002
Washington, DC
Visit site
Status
I am a week late too...it would be almost impossible to get through all those q's and deal with life in general plus other apps in only two weeks! I guess they want to make sure that people who apply really want to go there???

good luck! :cool:

J

jot

don't write a letter -- i think that would be counterproductive. just send it in when you are done, its not a big deal:) don't rush it too badly either, do a quality job and send it in - no point wasting time with 1 shoddy answer over an already long secondary gluck.jot

omores

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2000
Seattle
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
And for future reference, don't drive yourself bonkers over the questions like class rank, test scores, etc. I wasn't able to supply some of that information (took my SATs in 1984!), but they said it was fine just to leave it blank. Actually, I think I had to put zeros in because the application wouldn't allow blanks. This missing information didn't cause any problems at all.

Best of luck in the application process.

Focus

crazy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2001
Visit site
Status
Took me three weeks for mine. What's worse is that, it only took me a total of two days to write it. Procrastination is great!

- Focus

conure

Master Distiller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
West
Visit site
Status
this is directly of the Duke FAQ. As I am a non-trad and have little desire to track down my high school class rank/SAT/or ACT scores this is nice to see.

Your Question:
Q1024: If I have no SAT scores or high school rank, what should I do?

Your Answer:
You may put N/A to proceed.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads