Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
The inner-net
Visit site
Status
It's already one week late, but is anyone else in the same boat?

With the Aug. MCAT and all, wouldn't they understand that a secondary is not top priority? I have great numbers and experience, but I just hope I'm not throwing away my money just because its fashionable late.:confused:

jalan2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
From other Duke posts/threads, others in SDN have called Duke and asked about the 2-week deadline. They said that the adm office informed them that the deadline is not a firm deadline at all. Duke just wants you to send it in as soon as you can.

As for me, I didn't take Aug '02 MCAT and I was also late for almost a week. I don't think it matters. Good luck.

About the Ads

RSQ 1der

15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2002
Washington, DC
Visit site
Status
I am a week late too...it would be almost impossible to get through all those q's and deal with life in general plus other apps in only two weeks! I guess they want to make sure that people who apply really want to go there???

good luck! :cool:

J

jot

don't write a letter -- i think that would be counterproductive. just send it in when you are done, its not a big deal:) don't rush it too badly either, do a quality job and send it in - no point wasting time with 1 shoddy answer over an already long secondary gluck.jot

omores

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2000
Seattle
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
And for future reference, don't drive yourself bonkers over the questions like class rank, test scores, etc. I wasn't able to supply some of that information (took my SATs in 1984!), but they said it was fine just to leave it blank. Actually, I think I had to put zeros in because the application wouldn't allow blanks. This missing information didn't cause any problems at all.

Best of luck in the application process.

Focus

crazy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2001
Visit site
Status
Took me three weeks for mine. What's worse is that, it only took me a total of two days to write it. Procrastination is great!

- Focus

conure

Master Distiller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
West
Visit site
Status
this is directly of the Duke FAQ. As I am a non-trad and have little desire to track down my high school class rank/SAT/or ACT scores this is nice to see.

Your Question:
Q1024: If I have no SAT scores or high school rank, what should I do?

Your Answer:
You may put N/A to proceed.

About the Ads