Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, Fl
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I've been on "Hold Status" for PCOM Georgia for almost a month after my interview. They said it's not te same as waitlisted. Is anyone else still waiting on PCOM?

About the Ads

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, Fl
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
No, they just said they haven't made a final decision yet. Something about not accepting too many people than the class size allows. I asked if I was rejected and she said no my file is still active. So I don't know what to think. I had to send a deposit to another school because I just don't know if they are going to accept me, waitlist me or keep me in hold status.

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
State of Delirium
www.lmgtfy.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No, they just said they haven't made a final decision yet. Something about not accepting too many people than the class size allows. I asked if I was rejected and she said no my file is still active. So I don't know what to think. I had to send a deposit to another school because I just don't know if they are going to accept me, waitlist me or keep me in hold status.

PCOM-Ga has a smaller class size if i'm not mistaken. It may have filled sooner than PCOM-philly did.

I wouldn't lose hope. I am confident that if they are still reviewing your file and you've completed an interview, you may receive good news soon.

Keep your head up.

Also, I've sent a deposit of 1k to CCOM. It's just part of the process. I know people who sent their deposit to WVSOM which has a 2k deposit :eek: and later matriculated elsewhere, losing ALL of that money. I almost had to.

mbp1608

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
ATL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
PCOM-GA is in the process of interviewing their biomeds right now. I dont know how much this helps your original question--but I interviewed last week and am still waiting. Apparently the ADCOMS were suppose to meet last friday---but no decision was made. So no one really knows what's going on with PCOM-GA.

MrMDO

Sophist
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am in the same situation at PCOM-Philly. I hope as you say "on hold" does not mean a waitlist but I am still skeptical, I may call and find out for myself. This is nice news though, gives me a smile for the rest of the day, or until I find out differently :)

lrobin15

OMSI
10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I spoke to the admissions lady and she said to call on Friday for an update. I'm hoping to have some good news in 2 days!

I am also on "hold". I was told by the people who interviewed me that I would either be accepted or deferred because they were both recommending me. So I think that "hold" is their waitlist before their official waitlist is began after they are through interviewing.

They told me that I would be notified by April 1st. Did anyone else get this info in their letter? :confused:

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, Fl
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am also on "hold". I was told by the people who interviewed me that I would either be accepted or deferred because they were both recommending me. So I think that "hold" is their waitlist before their official waitlist is began after they are through interviewing.

They told me that I would be notified by April 1st. Did anyone else get this info in their letter? :confused:

Yeah I got the letter but I'd call to see if there are any updates to your file

lrobin15

OMSI
10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Okay, so I talked to Aisha and she said that the hold letters are hold letters. It is not the waitlist. I feel like that is really good! She also said that they would be having a meeting mid-March, but the date has not been set yet.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.