Anyone else still on "Hold Status" fo PCOM-Ga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've been on "Hold Status" for PCOM Georgia for almost a month after my interview. They said it's not te same as waitlisted. Is anyone else still waiting on PCOM?

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, they just said they haven't made a final decision yet. Something about not accepting too many people than the class size allows. I asked if I was rejected and she said no my file is still active. So I don't know what to think. I had to send a deposit to another school because I just don't know if they are going to accept me, waitlist me or keep me in hold status.

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, they just said they haven't made a final decision yet. Something about not accepting too many people than the class size allows. I asked if I was rejected and she said no my file is still active. So I don't know what to think. I had to send a deposit to another school because I just don't know if they are going to accept me, waitlist me or keep me in hold status.

PCOM-Ga has a smaller class size if i'm not mistaken. It may have filled sooner than PCOM-philly did.

I wouldn't lose hope. I am confident that if they are still reviewing your file and you've completed an interview, you may receive good news soon.

Keep your head up.

Also, I've sent a deposit of 1k to CCOM. It's just part of the process. I know people who sent their deposit to WVSOM which has a 2k deposit :eek: and later matriculated elsewhere, losing ALL of that money. I almost had to.

mbp1608

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PCOM-GA is in the process of interviewing their biomeds right now. I dont know how much this helps your original question--but I interviewed last week and am still waiting. Apparently the ADCOMS were suppose to meet last friday---but no decision was made. So no one really knows what's going on with PCOM-GA.

MrMDO

Sophist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the same situation at PCOM-Philly. I hope as you say "on hold" does not mean a waitlist but I am still skeptical, I may call and find out for myself. This is nice news though, gives me a smile for the rest of the day, or until I find out differently :)

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think the term "hold" can vary... i was on "hold" until i sent in my semester grades. Now, my application is active and will be re-presented to the committee...

If it says "hold" with no reference to grades, it might be a euphemism for waitlist.

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the admissions lady and she said to call on Friday for an update. I'm hoping to have some good news in 2 days!

lrobin15

OMSI
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the admissions lady and she said to call on Friday for an update. I'm hoping to have some good news in 2 days!

I am also on "hold". I was told by the people who interviewed me that I would either be accepted or deferred because they were both recommending me. So I think that "hold" is their waitlist before their official waitlist is began after they are through interviewing.

They told me that I would be notified by April 1st. Did anyone else get this info in their letter? :confused:

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am also on "hold". I was told by the people who interviewed me that I would either be accepted or deferred because they were both recommending me. So I think that "hold" is their waitlist before their official waitlist is began after they are through interviewing.

They told me that I would be notified by April 1st. Did anyone else get this info in their letter? :confused:

Yeah I got the letter but I'd call to see if there are any updates to your file

Premedlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just called admissions I am still On Hold until April first!

lrobin15

OMSI
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I talked to Aisha and she said that the hold letters are hold letters. It is not the waitlist. I feel like that is really good! She also said that they would be having a meeting mid-March, but the date has not been set yet.