Anyone else still on the psych interview trail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adam_K

Indentured
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or I am the odd one out?

I have two interviews coming up this week and then I'm (thank heavens) done.

I looked at my schedule and I've been on the road for eight of the last ten weeks.

(sga, I have no idea how you do it, but I've seen enough of economy class seats on planes, cheap hotels and poor service for a lifetime.)

Members don't see this ad.

Or I am the odd one out? I have two interviews coming up this week and then I'm (thank heavens) done.
Nope. I still have 2 interviews coming up...had one last wk, and one in December. So all of them pretty late. Didn't think I'd be interviewing in February though. But I'm not complaining :cool:

Nope. I still have 2 interviews coming up...had one last wk, and one in December. So all of them pretty late. Didn't think I'd be interviewing in February though. But I'm not complaining :cool:

Good for you. If memory serves me right, you had a tough time getting positive responses from programs initially. Good luck with the upcoming interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or I am the odd one out?

I looked at my schedule and I've been on the road for eight of the last ten weeks.

(sga, I have no idea how you do it, but I've seen enough of economy class seats on planes, cheap hotels and poor service for a lifetime.)

:laugh: I knew you were an FMG-man it was obvious and no wonder it was your crusade:laugh:

:laugh: I knew you were an FMG-man it was obvious and no wonder it was your crusade:laugh:

I have no issues whatsoever about who I am or what I have accomplished in my life (both of which you know zilch about).

You, OTOH, appear to make it your priority to pick fights on an anonymous online forum with DOs and IMGs about how much better you are.

That makes me wonder. If you really are a US student or grad, don't you have better things to do with your life? Are you that much better?

In my experience, people that are satisfied with their lives don't make it a priority to pick fights with others.

It seems pathetic, really.

As responses only seem to embolden you, there's little point in trying to converse with you. So, the best of luck to you and your issues.

Or I am the odd one out?

got 3 more left lol as well as one 2nd look. my first one was in oct 9. my last one is on feb 9. cant wait:) . there was one week where i had 5 in a row then 2 on monday and tuesday. if it werent for the weekend i would have had 7 in a row. my day consists of interview-flight/ bus-hotel-interview. often times you would not see me outside of a suit. but i am glad it is finally over.

as for keeping my sanity, i try to have fun along the way and make a vain attempt at fooling myself i am a rock star on tour. probably closer to being a fugitive on the run. as for having fun, i booked vegas for around new years. was bummed univ of hawaii showed no love. in the northeast i have nyc as a base with family and friends. my friend lives near a coyote ugly style bar and that is somewhat therapeutic in a possibly masochistic way lol.

recently thoughts of getting in the guiness book of world records for number of interviews have kept me going. (i am gonna look that one up now.) it is hard for me to imagine how people get tired after the 7th interview. maybe after awhile u get used to it. after interview #20something it became a routine for me. my main problem is i didnt get nervous enough and my responses sounded too canned. anyways good luck to all on the trail.

my first one was in oct 9. my last one is on feb 9.

My god.
Pretty soon you'll be on the other side of the door.

recently thoughts of getting in the guiness book of world records for number of interviews have kept me going. (i am gonna look that one up now.)
:laugh: you've earned it.

WOW, sga continues to be my hero!

Just adding to the posts...I have two more interviews this week, tuesday and thursday...and then I'm out for the season!

Hey what do you guys think...if I got an interview really late in the season, does that mean that the people they had really wanted cancelled...and they chose me as a *backup*??
I wonder if it means there's very little chance of being ranked by such a program, no matter how well I may do on the interview...

got 3 more left lol as well as one 2nd look. my first one was in oct 9. my last one is on feb 9. cant wait:) . there was one week where i had 5 in a row then 2 on monday and tuesday. if it werent for the weekend i would have had 7 in a row. my day consists of interview-flight/ bus-hotel-interview. often times you would not see me outside of a suit. but i am glad it is finally over.

as for keeping my sanity, i try to have fun along the way and make a vain attempt at fooling myself i am a rock star on tour. probably closer to being a fugitive on the run. as for having fun, i booked vegas for around new years. was bummed univ of hawaii showed no love. in the northeast i have nyc as a base with family and friends. my friend lives near a coyote ugly style bar and that is somewhat therapeutic in a possibly masochistic way lol.

recently thoughts of getting in the guiness book of world records for number of interviews have kept me going. (i am gonna look that one up now.) it is hard for me to imagine how people get tired after the 7th interview. maybe after awhile u get used to it. after interview #20something it became a routine for me. my main problem is i didnt get nervous enough and my responses sounded too canned. anyways good luck to all on the trail.

In any case, I'm amazed. Are you going to post your ROL when the time comes?

Hey what do you guys think...if I got an interview really late in the season, does that mean that the people they had really wanted cancelled...and they chose me as a *backup*??
I wonder if it means there's very little chance of being ranked by such a program, no matter how well I may do on the interview...

You can't go in there with that attitude. No matter what the circumstances of your application, you are there to interview and to impress them. Psyching yourself out before setting foot at the program is not going to help you get a position.

I say put that aside and do your best.

WOW, sga continues to be my hero!

Just adding to the posts...I have two more interviews this week, tuesday and thursday...and then I'm out for the season!

Just remember, the programs want to fill just as much as you want to match.
I know we added an interview day this week, mainly to try to see as many qualified (hopefully) candidates as possible before ROL day.

damn, r they still interviewing?? damn. i am taking off to the old country in a few hours. i hope i dont miss out on any last minute interviews lol.