Anyone else turned away for step2CK 8/12/09?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kswizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This morning (8/12/09) I was told at the philadelphia area prometric center that the step exams were down "worldwide." I was given a ticket and told to reschedule the test. When I called to do this, I was told that my eligibility had to be reset in order to reschedule. This is despite the fact that my eligibility is not up until sept 30th. Now I have to wait 24 hours and call back to reschedule.

Did anyone else have this experience today? This puts anyone who this happened to at a major disadvantage if it cannot be rescheduled prompty i.e. within the next few days. The knowledge has begun to seep out of my brain as I type...

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i got turned away in cali... this is bs... why the hell cant they at the very least reschedule us today?

I got turned away a few weeks ago for a local "internet problem". I was able to reschedule the next day for the following week. I kept calling the customer service line to see if my status updated and it finally did after a little over 24 hours from the cancellation time.

Hope you get rescheduled soon.

When I was told at the test center I was irrationally angry at the front desk clerk

Then I was irrationally angry at prometrics staff on the phone who seem ill informed. I told them I wanted a date ASAP even if I had to go to Kentucky.

Then I was sad because I really feel every day I wait around now my score will be lower than it would have been. No one will know or care about this or the the work I put in.

I see where this is headed - They are going to offer a new date in a week when I'm supposed to be in the middle of a two week rotation. It looks pretty unprofessional to ask for a day off in the middle of a two weeker.

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel you, i start my SUB-I next week, im just holding out hope that i can get it for friday or saturday...

Damn guys I'm sorry. That is probably because of the change to Step 2 they made this monday, but I'm just guessing? I would be royally pissed, especially since you already have to take this new form.

I heard about this today as well. One of my classmates got turned away here in TN. I'm surprised there wasn't an announcement on the USMLE or NBME websites regarding it. I feel bad for all of you that have to go through this.

Anybody successfully reschedule yet?

I was told that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours by someone from Prometric. From the "outbound" team, whatever that means

dont wait for them to call...they told me the same thing and no one called me... i called all day every hour since 5AM and finally got rescheduled about an hour ago... i suggest calling again and again... hope it works out

Anybody successfully reschedule yet?

I was told that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours by someone from Prometric. From the "outbound" team, whatever that means