jnpeacoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
I'm waiting to hear back from IU and they sent out a batch of acceptance letters today. I won't be in town for the next week, so I called and tried to get some information over the phone. Here's what I got:

Me: Can you tell me anything about my application?
Them: Hold on let me check....you are currently under consideration. There was a batch of letters sent out today, and another batch will be sent out next month.
Me: So would I be right in assuming that I will not be receiving a letter this month? <<thinking under consideration = waitlist or they haven't gotten around to my application yet as IU is known for>>
Them: No, it could go either way

How's that for ambiguous? Let me know if anyone else has contacted them today or in the past, and especially if you get this "under consideration" or if they can tell you if you've been acccepted.

-Jesse

nontradappl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
Status
jnpeacoc said:
I'm waiting to hear back from IU and they sent out a batch of acceptance letters today. I won't be in town for the next week, so I called and tried to get some information over the phone. Here's what I got:

Me: Can you tell me anything about my application?
Them: Hold on let me check....you are currently under consideration. There was a batch of letters sent out today, and another batch will be sent out next month.
Me: So would I be right in assuming that I will not be receiving a letter this month? <<thinking under consideration = waitlist or they haven't gotten around to my application yet as IU is known for>>
Them: No, it could go either way

How's that for ambiguous? Let me know if anyone else has contacted them today or in the past, and especially if you get this "under consideration" or if they can tell you if you've been acccepted.

-Jesse
When did you interview? How many adcom cycles have passed already?

OP
jnpeacoc

jnpeacoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
nontradappl said:
When did you interview? How many adcom cycles have passed already?
I interviewed on February 16, so only 1 adcom cycle has passed since then