Anyone else with NO MOTIVATION now that the MCAT is over?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having an impossible time trying to get work done. I have plenty of exams coming up and assignments due, but I'm just not interested!

Members don't see this ad.

lol I've been on SDN most of the day. Okay fine, I'm doing some other stuff too, but I keep coming back. And I went to the park and played catch with my husband for a while. But mostly just SDN. I'm a total loser.

Hahaha! This is so funny, I've been on SDN all day too. I have loads of schoolwork to do and sure I'm sort of half a**edly doing it...but not really. I am just obsessed with everyone's opinion about the MCAT!

Sailcrazy, i know exactly how you feel when you speak of having lost motivation after the exam. Since Saturday evening after the MCAT, i have not been able to "motivate" myself to study for Wednesday's biochemistry midterm or practice bassoon for my lesson this week. Considering we just finished taking one of the most monumental and strenuous exams of our medical careers, though, i think mental and physical fatigue is certainly understandable! My thoughts are to take a few days to relax and recoup, and then tackle studying for exams and everything else full-force. Good luck with your exams and in receiving your MCAT scores! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a Physics test tomorrow night. Haven't studied for it yet.

I'm on SDN right now...

Talk about not being motivated... :rolleyes:

tigress said:
lol I've been on SDN most of the day. Okay fine, I'm doing some other stuff too, but I keep coming back. And I went to the park and played catch with my husband for a while. But mostly just SDN. I'm a total loser.

I've been completely lethargic since getting back Saturday. All I've done is check out SDN, watch TV and answer some phone calls. Since I havent cleaned my apartment since the MCAT crash began two weeks ago, I was hoping to get some spring cleaning done this weekend. But my apt is still as messy as ever. I have 3 unit exams, 2 final exams, 2 long papers, a research project and a bioethics essay due all within the next two weeks and I spent 45 minutes this morning trying to log onto Thx...just to get a feel for what their screen looks like! I feel like a total slob. After pouring so much into that one test I dont have much left. They really should hold the test on June 1 and instead. Even if it takes them two months to release scores, only the Early Decision apps get an acceptance before the end of August anyway.....screw them!

Anyone else feel like they wont be able to concentrate on anything till scores come out? My girlfriend wanted to go this Cadaver Ball at her med school on Saturday and I pretended that I bombed the test so I wouldnt have to go. I swear shes gonna break up with me soon!

Stuff to do/Status of stuff:

Draft of 16 page physiology paper due tomorrow/Let's just say.. umm.. NOT QUITE TO PAGE 16 YET.

10 page political philosophy paper/Unstarted

Midterm on Thursday/Unstudied for

15 page economics paper/Unstarted

Research for semester/Woefully behind

Check SDN for MCAT comments/Totally caught up, ahead of the game

Sitting around shell-shocked/I am two weeks ahead on this task, I wish this could somehow get me an LOR.

Replaying events of Saturday in my mind/Totally caught up

45 minute phone conversations with study partner even though there's nothing either of us can do about it/One down, probably another one later today

Thinking about careers I want to do other than medicine/In full swing

Self-defeating voice resonating in head/Loud, resonating

Speaking of resonance.. on BS....

<head explodes>

EDIT:

I am so glad I'm not the only one who has already logged into THx. WE ARE SO PATHETIC.

OK, I swear I'm going to work on this paper now. I'll just leave SDN minimized.. I won't look at all...

seriously... I have couple hundred pages to read but I don't feel like doing anything but eat sleep and workout

What's Thx?

And what's a cadaver ball LOL? That just doesn't sound right =O

Please inform this uninformed poultry

i think i have some sort of problem cuz i keep on trying to remember questions i had ALL DAY! i have a neurobiology lab practical on wednesday that i havent started studying yet, not to mention midterms coming up...

guys.....i have not been to class....and today i found out that i have two midterms this weeek,,,,,,,im screeewwwedddddddd :wow:

Yeah, I have done nothing about my pending school work. I did clean my room/house.
It just seems so irrelevent to study biochem and organic-
Ive just been trying to settle back down to an open schedule. I keep getting punked out thinking that I have something to be doing. I spend all my time on SDN looking for closure and trying to gauge how well I did.

Very little motivation. I had a biochemistry test this afternoon and I spent all of last night reading up on sdn posts. Then when I started studying this morning, I kept taking sdn breaks so I can check up on new posts that people made. And the forum is slow too because so many people are browsing! I can only imagine how I will be come June 13th, the day before the scores come out.

Besides from that, I have to catch up on the schoolwork that I've fallen back on over the past month.