Anyone else with premature senioritis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on my very last junior rotations ( :clap: :hardy: :clap:), and I'm finding it sooooooo hard to open up a single book. Don't get me wrong, I find the subject material (Pediatrics) very interesting, but I'm just so....burnt out? :confused:

Any other MSIIIs out there with the same/similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started medicine -- 2 months of inpatient. While I want to know medicine pretty well, there's absolutely no way I want to do 2 months of it right now, since I know what I'm going into, and because I have 2 more required medicine-y months to do in 4th year.

YES! I'm so over third year. I had no motivation to study for the last shelf I just had cause I don't want to do family med. Only one rotation left, and I'm counting down the days! Can't wait for summer break (though it's only three weeks long). :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
yup

all up in there

i ran out of motivation back in February. Trying to kick things up again.

I just took step 2, took my last shelf exam, and i'm done with all my core rotations. I've got 2 months of electives left for 3rd year.... so yeah, I've got no motivation to study.

Yea man so over this year. Its humbling daily seeing how meaningless our existence as a third year is. I cannot wait to be on the joy of m4 year.

you are so right.. i am more than burnt out and ready for m4! currently on night float for ob/gyn my last rotation. i have been watching tv in the lounge since 7 pm since the resident has nothing for me to do. nothing beats being a vampire for no reason!

Considering the fact that my intellectual capacity was destroyed on Psychiatry last Jan-Feb, it's been a downhill tumble since them. The problem? I just started surgery with Q3-4 call for the next 8 weeks. Lord help me.

I'm definitely ready, but I still have 8 weeks of family/ambulatory! I took the psych shelf today and neuro shelf is on Friday. Ugh.

Seriously....I had to take off 4 weeks just to get motivated to go back. :(

Light at the end of the tunnel, though. Only 4 weeks (once I start back, of course) left until life as MS4 begins. At that point, senioritis is actually expected and generally accepted. :)

yep, seein those 4th years around my school, without a care, that will be MDs in a few days makes me lazy.

I have a serious case of premature senioritis, too. I just started my 8 week Medicine rotation and cannot bear to open a book. I will try again tonight, but really wish this last rotation came with some modafinil.

i hear you. I have 3 more weeks left of my neuropsych rotation and it has been painfully long. Not only have I not been studying, I have been slacking whenever possible which is something I haven't done all year and never thought I would be doing. Today I motivated myself to go to the library and ended up getting distracted and hung out with friends instead.

My previous rotation was surgery...loved it. Want to do surgery, worked my tush off over 100 hrs/wk. Now I'm on OB and I spend alot of time cruising the net, chatting w/ other students, and sitting watching strips. I also like time wasters like updating our lists. checking pt labs, updating the board. I still end up in 2-5 deliveries a day here (even w/ three other students on our team), but I'm not gunning for them. Sooooo have senior-itis. Can't wait for my chill "no nights, no weekends" (minus my sub-I) 4th year to begin.

totally feel ya!
i've been burned out since february! had 8 weeks of surgery, which killed what motivation i had left; and now on medicine, which is like pulling teeth. even the early days, which are few and far between, when i get home at 4p i open my mksap and end up doing like 5 questions! i'm really going to need some divine intervention for this one! 5 weeks left to go of 3rd year!

omg sooo burnt out, 5 weeks of 3rd year to go, sooooooo ready to graduate...and be an attending!:idea:

omg sooo burnt out, 5 weeks of 3rd year to go, sooooooo ready to graduate...and be an attending!:idea:

lol so true. isn't there any way we can skip residency?? I can't take no mo of this sh*te.