1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

anyone else worried?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by streetdoc, Nov 24, 2002.

1. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    are there others out there that are dreading checking the mail box? i'm so scared of rejections. my stats are marginal, and i didn't apply to a lot of schools so every rejection will hurt (none so far, but no acceptances either). i just dread taking the MCAT again. this whole process is random and i just don't like that.:mad:
    i'm so scared and frustrated...i wish it was over :(
    thanks for any feedback,
    streetdoc

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gleevec

Gleevec Peter, those are Cheerios
    7+ Year Member

Sorry about your stress bud. There is really nothing I can say but keep going to the mailbox, when you get your first couple of positive letters back you WILL feel a lot better =)
    Just remember there are a TON of people in your position, and that you definitely are not alone. Sometimes thats the crappiest feeling when waiting for something, but remember that a good majority of the people all over the nation are waiting alongside with you.

And, like you, will be pretty happy when their wait is over.
    :)

4. gipper

gipper Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i too am feeling the combination of fear and excitement when a letter arrives in the mail. the days i received nothing, i am somewhat relieved...yet i have to receive something to tell me about interviews OR rejections.

i have received a couple of rejections so my fear is compounded by the vivid memories of opening those envelopes...why can't they be a bit more creative with their wording...so dry. they should include something saucy...entertaining at least.

sigh. at least this is a short week, then the holidays will keep us busy for a while...keep our minds off things (yea right - it's everywhere!)

take care.

5. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    {{{{{streetdoc}}}}}

i dread going to the mailbox, even though i can't wait to see what's in there. i've been rejected by half of the schools i've applied to so far (18 apps, 9 rejections), so it's been more dread than anticipation lately. ah...what can you do? good luck!! we're all here for you and ready to vent or commiserate with you!! :D

6. gipper

gipper Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    sweet tea - have you gotten any interviews? just wondering who is in my boat...it feels like a pretty small boat when you read the success of people on this website. thanks!

fingers crossed.

7. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door

Attending Physician
    gipper-- i've had 1 interview, and it was at what i think is my top-choice school (i think i'd be equally happy at either of 2 schools). i'm supposed to be reviewed again before thanksgiving...but there was no news in the mailbox today.

how are your applications going?

8. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine

Attending Physician
    Just hang in there! If being a physician is what's important for you, then you won't stop until to you become one.

The process is long, arduous, and well worth it once you get an acceptance!

Good luck!

- Tae

9. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

It's getting scary for all of us. :(

I want you to know that there are others out there just like you--patiently waiting, hoping, praying.....ready to give up their right arm if it meant they got an acceptance (thank God I'm leftie! :D ) My point is that it's okay to be scared. You have to make sure that the price of poker is not too high for you. Think of alternatives (what you will do for one year till you apply again). Think "how bad" would it be if you didn't get in this ONE year. Med schools are always there. They are not running away. Your time will come when it's in your fate. You make sure that you're chugging along, making sure your application is improving constantly as you are waiting to become Dr. Streetdoc. :)

PS: In my opinion, I think it will happen for most of us this year. We are a hard working group. :clap:

10. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks for all of the encouraging words. i truly appreciate hearing from other people going through this process. It's rough for us all, and i think of SDNers all the time (how sad am i)! One day it will be over and i'm sure i'll look back and laugh...one day...
    thanks again and best of luck to everyone!
    (the ad com meets 11/26 at the school where i interviewed so wish me some good luck!)
    sincerely,
    streetdoc

11. chloe5

chloe5 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, every rejection hurts so bad.
    Even after you get in somewhere, being rejected is still a terrible feeling and the letters are so so trite.

We're all in it with ya, though.

Georgetown, in particular, can kiss my
    a**!!

12. Lascivious

Lascivious Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yep, worried, right here.

13. Tweetie_bird It's getting scary for all of us.

I want you to know that there are others out there just like you--patiently waiting, hoping, praying.....ready to give up their right arm if it meant they got an acceptance (thank God I'm leftie! ) My point is that it's okay to be scared. You have to make sure that the price of poker is not too high for you. Think of alternatives (what you will do for one year till you apply again). Think "how bad" would it be if you didn't get in this ONE year. Med schools are always there. They are not running away. Your time will come when it's in your fate. You make sure that you're chugging along, making sure your application is improving constantly as you are waiting to become Dr. Streetdoc.

PS: In my opinion, I think it will happen for most of us this year. We are a hard working group.

oh god...spare me please....you suck!

14. Rudy1223

Rudy1223 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    ok, some people never seem to stop amazing me.....the "i'm better than you" attitude is so vivid in scoobs

15. ramz

ramz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hey

I wrote the MCATs
    in aug 2002 and hey im didnt get any rejections from my 10 schools and no interviews either. I am just going thru the process and getting my secondaries and filling them out. Just cuz u didnt hear from them in nov doesnt mean u wont get in...i applied to upenn dent last year and i got in after applying in JANUARY! Its all good and those who got interviews, well good for u! The rest of us will have some of the last laughs :)

16. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

That's right Scoobs. I "suck.".....edit edit edit....

Fire away all you want. You won't get a response from me cuz I don't wanna waste my flames on you.

17. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Uhhhh. . . Someone should stop this.

18. TeinVI

TeinVI Membership Revoked
    Removed

19. lol. Tein, you and your pics!

And why can't we all get along without resorting to name-calling?

20. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

Perhaps you could use some pointers after reading the "Why are all docs jerks?" thread. You seem to fit right in.

I will not ban you Scooby. I've washed my hands off of you. I am waiting for somebody else to do the dirty work.

21. TeinVI

TeinVI Membership Revoked
    Removed

is there a particular reason why scooby doesn't like tweetie?

22. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Because he's a sad, insecure little person.

23. gipper

gipper Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    for being a meanie to tweetie...you lashed out...uncalled for.

24. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Take it from Tein. He didn't get that "VI" after his name for helping the homeless. ;) :D The now he seems to have settled into having wickedly funny pictures.

25. galen

galen Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Go away and dont come back.
    I like what Tweetie wrote (and even if you didnt that's no reason to attack her personally & act like a total jerk).:mad: :mad: :mad:

26. all I said was 'hush yo mouth' ....geez you guys are anal!

27. GoodMonkey

GoodMonkey sproutmobile
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    uh, yeah, and when you edit your post (uh, to say something like hush yo mouth), but someone has already quoted what you originally wrote before you edit it, it still shows up in their post as what you said the first time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

28. gipper

gipper Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you said that tweetie sucked...unless someone else got their SDN identity stolen like the Texas tirade a while back.

29. galen

galen Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You told Tweetie " shut up you stupid bitch" & Id call that abusive and not right for this pre-allo (or any) forum.
    BTW--Showing respect for others is not obsessive/compulsive/anal. To me and most other pple I hang around with, it's just our everyday, normal thing....
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: