Anyone ever get accepted without having 90 credits or having completed physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So currently I have 89 credits, and ill have over 105 by the time this semester ends. So Im basically passing the 90 credit threshold this semester. Also Im in my first semester of physics now. My health advisor said that it was ok to take physics after you apply as long as u take it before getting in. But now some of the schools are telling me thats not true.. that you need to have everything completed before you send it in.

Has anyone gotten in before receiving 90 credits or having completed both or one semester of physics??

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure about the 90 credits cutoff but none of the schools i interviewed at minded that i'm doing physics this year.
your problem might be low science gpa/PAT/QR/RC.. i didn't apply to the schools you applied to so i'm not sure what they look for but i think i heard some of the schools on your list are pretty competitive..

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks dr. toothache.
that chart is scary!
UMDNJ actually told me specificallly that they think I don't have enough credits. I told them that by the end of this semester I will have more than enough credits but they didnt care.

And I dont wuite get how ppl applying after 2 years can be seen as immature, and would contribute to the attrition rate, if they are actually applying to professional school at a younger age ( mostly around 20) doesnt it show they are more mature??

I got into NYU and Columbia and am currently in Physics 1 and taking Physics 2 next semester. So for me, it didn't matter as much for those schools.

But, I haven't gotten an interview yet from UMDNJ (my state school), probably because I haven't completed Physics. So yes, it depends on the school. I would call them up and ask directly.

thanks dr. toothache.
that chart is scary!
UMDNJ actually told me specificallly that they think I don't have enough credits. I told them that by the end of this semester I will have more than enough credits but they didnt care.

And I dont wuite get how ppl applying after 2 years can be seen as immature, and would contribute to the attrition rate, if they are actually applying to professional school at a younger age ( mostly around 20) doesnt it show they are more mature??

They were probably trying to tell you that since your science gpa is on the low side, that they need to be convinced that you can maintain a reasonable academic performance. As for applying after 2 years, it is incumbent on you to convince them that you are mature enough and that you understand the what it is that you are getting yourself into. Without a doubt, that is a difficult challenge.

when i applied this year in may, i only had 74 credit hours completed. i did finish 10 in the summer and now completing 16 this semester. few schools are waiting to see the update after my fall grades come in. however, i am 20 y/o and i did get interviews and was accepted at my state school. so it is possible but i think schools prefer applicants with 90+ credits. i am planning to get the bachelors in the spring still so thats what i think gave me a chance.

I got 2 acceptances and my physics requirements are still in progress..it wasn't a problem at any of the schools I interviewed at..so i think you should be ok