Anyone ever hear good news after a complete when calling in for a status check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

z963124

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo.... Just wondering.

After you have recieved a complete... has anyone ever called in to get a status check and gotten some good/bad news? As in....

Has anyone ever called for a status check and the person that answers be like "Oh, you were accepted/interview invite. Didn't you get the email?" Or even worse "Oh you were rejected... "

Just wondering!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I called UWSOM after I was considered complete for quite a while and found out that I was invited for an interview. I didn't get the official email until a full week after. They were really behind... I thought this would be more common, but this thread is pretty bare.

Sort of!

I emailed Wake Forest and inquired about my status, and they replied by saying I could call to set up an interview.

Then, I emailed UNC to see if I should withdraw or not, and they said "No, don't" and a week later I got an interview invite. That's not necessarily causation, but I think it helped that I pried for me to get the interview (but I withdrew anyway, hah)

It's possible! Some schools like that you show an active interest throughout the season.

Sort of!

I emailed Wake Forest and inquired about my status, and they replied by saying I could call to set up an interview.

Then, I emailed UNC to see if I should withdraw or not, and they said "No, don't" and a week later I got an interview invite. That's not necessarily causation, but I think it helped that I pried for me to get the interview (but I withdrew anyway, hah)

It's possible! Some schools like that you show an active interest throughout the season.

Same with me for Wake...I called them shortly after I had gotten another interview in the area and called them. They invited me for interview on the phone and it had only been 5 days since I turned in my secondary :)

I don't believe this works for all schools though...