anyone ever heard of REA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
my friend gave me this mcat study book written by the Research and Education Association that has study materials and 6 practice mcats inside. i took 2 of the mcats and was wondering if my scores were valid or not. has anyone heard of this company?

Members don't see this ad.

Do yourself a favor and burn that REA book. REA people don't know anything about the MCATs. I don't they have ever ever looked at an actual MCAT. I was getting 14's on the verbal on their test, but on AAMC test I consistently get 8-9.

Base your performance on AAMC tests preferably from tests IV-VI if you want to guage where you are at this moment in time.

damn. here i was walking around thinking that i was God's gift to the mcat after taking 2 of those REA tests. i just took a kaplan verbal and scored a 9, 5 whole points lower than i did on the REA test.
as far as kaplan's scoring system, will the curve really be that steep on the real mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did REA VR and I thought that I wasted my money because the passages/question were horribly lower in quality than the ones in Kaplan or the real MCAT. Do not waste your money on REA.

DONT buy Barrons MCAT prep book either. I should have known something was fishy when on the front cover it said "MCAT made easy." I thought I was a genius because I was getting 12's on every section from there pracitce exams.....hahahaha yeah right, boy did I fool myself. What the heck makes people think they can write a crappy MCAT book and get away with it? Do they find enjoyment in giving people false hopes....grrrrrrrr.....