Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

anyone ever heard of REA?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by brownemily22, Jul 25, 2002.

1. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member

my friend gave me this mcat study book written by the Research and Education Association that has study materials and 6 practice mcats inside. i took 2 of the mcats and was wondering if my scores were valid or not. has anyone heard of this company?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WonderBoy

Physician

Attending Physician
    Do yourself a favor and burn that REA book. REA people don't know anything about the MCATs. I don't they have ever ever looked at an actual MCAT. I was getting 14's on the verbal on their test, but on AAMC test I consistently get 8-9.

Base your performance on AAMC tests preferably from tests IV-VI if you want to guage where you are at this moment in time.

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I concur. The REA book must be based on the MCAT from some other planet or something.

5. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member

damn. here i was walking around thinking that i was God's gift to the mcat after taking 2 of those REA tests. i just took a kaplan verbal and scored a 9, 5 whole points lower than i did on the REA test.
    as far as kaplan's scoring system, will the curve really be that steep on the real mcat?

6. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member

I did REA VR and I thought that I wasted my money because the passages/question were horribly lower in quality than the ones in Kaplan or the real MCAT. Do not waste your money on REA.

7. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works

Attending Physician
    REA=Trash!

Go buy PR, kaplan, EK: books that bing results!

:rolleyes:

8. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member

DONT buy Barrons MCAT prep book either. I should have known something was fishy when on the front cover it said "MCAT made easy." I thought I was a genius because I was getting 12's on every section from there pracitce exams.....hahahaha yeah right, boy did I fool myself. What the heck makes people think they can write a crappy MCAT book and get away with it? Do they find enjoyment in giving people false hopes....grrrrrrrr.....