Anyone ever know someone who did or is in the NYC Teaching Fellows Program-HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever know someone who did or is in the New York Teaching Fellows Program? I was recently invited to an interview for the program but I never been to NYC and live in the midwest. I need someone to give me advice about it, is it worth it, how is it, will the money be enough to live off. How was the experience. I was thinking of doing this before going to medical school to get my health in check with healthcare insurance, experience a new city and teach which i also love doing, but i am very scared of the unknown and need urgent help and advice since I have a week or less to make a decision to accept my interview.

Thanks alot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
NYC is a great place to live. So don't worry about that. NYC Teaching Fellows program puts people in needy schools (in need of teachers). These schools often host rude students. One of my friends started this program but soon quit due to conflicts with the principal and students. It is a tough job. The pay is o.k. I would say at least come for the interview, stay in NY with a relative or a friend (instead of a hotel)and get a feel for the city. Then you can always decline the job offer if you don't like it.
Best of luck!

hey mind tellimg me more about the job on NYC teaching fellows. I actually live in New York. I live in Flushing, Queens and I think working in such a job provides perfect teaching experience and would be great for the medical school admission, where can I go to find out more about this program?