1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone ever taken a Genius 360 MCAT review course?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by HenryH, Dec 29, 2008.

1. HenryH

HenryH AA-S
    Removed Account on Hold 10+ Year Member

There are fliers posted around the science department of my university advertising an MCAT review course that will be taught from January to April and is being administered by a company out of Atlanta called Genius 360. Their website (www.genius360.org) is a bit sparse on information, but I talked to the owner of the company over the phone, and from what I could sense during our conversation, he seems to be offering a solid review course. The "chief" pre-med advisor at my school also told me that he had heard good things from previous students who had taken the program when it was offered previously at my university.

Does anyone have any input regarding the reputation of this company and their courses?

2. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Never heard of it... maybe they're a diamond in the rough? If you take it, let us know how it goes

3. HenryH

HenryH AA-S
    Removed Account on Hold 10+ Year Member

Well, the thing is, their course costs the same as Kaplan's ($1900), so I'm wary of paying such a vast amount of money to take a course with hardly any reputation...

4. scaredoflife

scaredoflife Eaaagglleee
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    well seeing as how kaplan is taught by students who have gotten 35+ on the MCAT. It would make not to much of a difference. Maybe if you could ask the company guy if the classes are taught by students or actual older person who has been doing this for a while. To me Kaplan students just reiterate what they have been trained although material given in Kaplan is great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Never heard of it!

Proceed with caution!

There website is not that informative of what they can do either.

I would find someone that has taken the course and talk with them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...