Anyone Familiar with Case Management?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Euphrates

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an M.D (no residency experience) with a B.S in Psychology. I am interested in pursuing alternate career options. I came across this particular website, that lists "Case Management" as a typical choice for bachelor's in psychology:

http://psychology.about.com/od/careersinpsychology/a/careersbach.htm

Anyone familiar with "Case Management", and what is generally considered desirable for a career in case management?

Is an M.D considered "overqualified" with respect to "Case Management" job descriptions?

Do you need a certification in Case Management in addition to a bachelor's degree? Is certification optional?

Thank you, I would appreciate any feedback.:)

Members don't see this ad.

1. Anyone familiar with "Case Management", and what is generally considered desirable for a career in case management?

2. Is an M.D considered "overqualified" with respect to "Case Management" job descriptions?

3a. Do you need a certification in Case Management in addition to a bachelor's degree?

3b. Is certification optional?

1. Case management

2. Yes.

3a. No.

3b. A certificate in case management is not always required.

I wrote this big, long reply and this site freakin erases it when I go to submit it. I have worked in Case Management for 3.5 years. Abridged version of what I wrote: Sprint, do not run, away from this career unless you are/think you are a person who is extremely altruistic and wants to do Social Work.