Anyone feel like they don't know anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha.. let me rephrase that

Before taking a practice test, I feel like I know absolutely nothing.. I feel like I've forgotten everything... once the actual test starts, things start coming back to me right away. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Despite all the studying, does anyone feel like they've forgotten a lot of what they've studied.. but haven't actually forgotten much?

Members don't see this ad.

Before taking a practice test, I feel like I know absolutely nothing.. I feel like I've forgotten everything... once the actual test starts, things start coming back to me right away. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Despite all the studying, does anyone feel like they've forgotten a lot of what they've studied.. but haven't actually forgotten much?

I forget a lot, you just have to repeat it over and over and over again until it's in your long term memory.

the only physics I truly knew was f=ma, but i somehow (with the grace of god) ended up with a 13 on PS!

the only physics I truly knew was f=ma, but i somehow (with the grace of god) ended up with a 13 on PS!

*jealous*

I'm so inconsistent in my practice test scores. I feel like my score will depend a lot on luck. I have a hard time feeling so out of control...

Members don't see this ad :)
It's always been that case with me. Not just mcat, but all of undergrad. Honestly I'm glad for it, since that fear keeps me motivated and on my toes.

I really don't know what is going to happen to me on September 7, the mcat day, I just feel that I know nothing, and incredibly stupid.

I think since they can test you on so many things, its normal to feel that way...just be able to deduct their logic and come to an answer!!

I feel completely dumb. I haven't gotten higher than 24 on any practice test and I can't keep a drop of physics in my head (been getting 6's on the physical sciences)

I feel completely dumb. I haven't gotten higher than 24 on any practice test and I can't keep a drop of physics in my head (been getting 6's on the physical sciences)

I feel dumb and stupid and braindead, too. No matter how much I study I can't get myself to improve. I mean, I know the MCAT is a hard test, but I thought with a lot of hard work it'd be possible to at break 10's after 2 months of non-stop studying. Apparently not.

I have never worked as hard in my life like this before, and never felt that stupid about myself, for me months are not breaking it, and I have 2 science bachelors, 1 science masters, aviation associate, I am just losing confidence in my school abilities, and I am a good student 4.0 graduate gpa, 3.5 undergraduate
sometimes I just feel you have to have a phd in every single area on the mcat to really bomb the test, to be honest sometimes even after reading the explanation of the question, I still would not understand, if fact I get more confused and the next time I answer things that I previously knew, wrong, I don't know, I am just so stunned at this test and what people do to do well????
I really do not believe in the logic and fairness of this test the least, and the first thing I am planning to do if I ever make it up there is to protest and change this stupid test, maybe get rid of it?
you guys with me on that?

I think you're supposed to feel this way as long as you're scoring well on tests.
It's when you feel overconfident you can screw yourself.
At least that's what my uncle told me and he aced his USMLE.

LOL i thought i was the only one feeling this way.

Sometimes I'll look back on a practice test and think, how did I get this right?

Me too. I wonder if doctors feel this way? Kind of scary actually

that's fine.

Sometimes when you know a lot of information it can be difficult to just start thinking/talking about it. However, when you are cued like when you read a passage as long as your recall memory takes over you're fine. Good luck.