anyone flying on 9/11?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rikkye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out, I'm flying to Washington DC on 9/11
it's been a month now, but I never realized it
MY GOD, I am SLOW :laugh:

:scared: this is so scary :scared:
i hope all will be well

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview on 9/11, so I'm flying there on 9/10 and back on 9/11. Overall it sucks because 9/10 is my little brother's 21st birthday and I really wanted to hang out with him. Otherwise, I don't find flying on 9/11 to be a problem. I abide by the belief that if it is your time to go, there is nothing you can do about it. If I die on that plane, I would have died that day no matter what. No use worrying.

Try not to overthink these things.... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out, I'm flying to Washington DC on 9/11
it's been a month now, but I never realized it
MY GOD, I am SLOW :laugh:

:scared: this is so scary :scared:
i hope all will be well

are plane tickets on 9/11 still cheaper than other days? that's always a nice perk...

are plane tickets on 9/11 still cheaper than other days? that's always a nice perk...

i was just going to write that. i saved about $200 when i decided to move back to the US on september 11th.

fear based economics. gotta love it.

I am flying to DC on 9/11 also. At least I bet our flight will have air marshalls on it.

-Dick

As a game, try to identify them.

Im flying into JFK from LAX on september 11th to visit my girlfriend :D

Members don't see this ad :)
It will probably be one of the safest flights you've ever been on. I remember flying to San Diego around 9/22 after the 9/11 attacks. We were a bit anxious because they just started flying again. I never felt safer. Everyone in security brought their "A" game. Have a good flight and don't stress.

Have you guys seen the movie 23? 9-11-03 adds up to 23. Is that scary or what?

God, tragedies happen everyday, and hundreds of people are killed every other day. There'd be no days left on the calender to live if we had to be afraid all the time. Except most of the world isn't so extremely self-absorbed and afraid all the time. If you have something to say, save it plz.

Anyway, I have to fly a few days earlier... the only mode of transportation I detest are 3 day bus rides. Last time. Last time. Don't do it kids.

I've got an interview in D.C. on 9/11 and I am flying out later that evening. Also, I'm not white :laugh:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdcdiWwa7sc[/YOUTUBE]
Refer to about 5:00 into the segment. :laugh: "These are totally random.....just going to read off a few names"..... :smuggrin:

Be even scarier if it didn't happen two years earlier.

How do people not even know the YEAR it happened?

Oh come on, people. And flying into DC (not that you fly into DC, you fly into VA or MD) is perfectly safe. Hec, National is half-empty most days.

woops haha i mean 9-11-2001.
9+11+2+1 = 23. it still works :)
Well that's dumb. Why would you add up the digits for the month and year, but not for the date? It should either be 9+1+1+2+1=14, or 9+11+2001=2021. Theory debunked.

Well that's dumb. Why would you add up the digits for the month and year, but not for the date? It should either be 9+1+1+2+1=14, or 9+11+2001=2021. Theory debunked.

What theory? It was an inane observation to begin with. :rolleyes:

Tackle you? More like shoot you, on the spot. Air marshalls don't mess around, they are trained to kill a threat on the spot, and ask questions later. Also, most flights nowadays carry air marshalls aboard...it's just not common knowledge to most people. Pilots are also usually armed. So everything should be smooth sailing.

Pilots are also usually armed

That's not as common as you would think. A lot of commercial pilots refused to be armed.

too bad. you're obviously not going to enjoy the movie.:) How about this? "George Herbert Walker Bush" and "William Jefferson Clinton" Each have 23 letters.

That's not as common as you would think. A lot of commercial pilots refused to be armed.

Air marshalls patrol flights occasionally. They are armed and trained to shoot with high accuracy in close quarters.

Air marshalls patrol flights occasionally. They are armed and trained to shoot with high accuracy in close quarters.
Thank you for that inciteful bit of information but was I talking about air marshalls?

too bad. you're obviously not going to enjoy the movie.:) How about this? "George Herbert Walker Bush" and "William Jefferson Clinton" Each have 23 letters.
Two out of more than forty presidents having 23 letters in their names is meaningless. Maybe if they all did...

I think if anything they would have more security on 9/11

If anything security is going to bumped up so much it will probably be safer to fly that day. The big thing I would worry about with the security being elevated would be the lines getting through checkpoints.

gosh. must everyone dispute the awesome power of 23? :)

I'm 23. So it's obviously an awesome number. Well, at least for another year. Then it sucks.