anyone from A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lasjy

Mr. Data
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i am a dec 2003 graduate of ABSMIDS. i have anserwed the NDBE part 1 in july 2003. :D

anybody from ABSMIDS please relpy to this thread or send me a PM :thumbup:

lasjy

Members don't see this ad.

hi lasjy,

tahts a real surprise ,i am from abshetty 99 batch .i just gave my part i dec03.did not get a great score so kind of feeling a bit low. i got a 84%.

so what was your 's n r u from manglore itself?

am a mangalorean from bangalore :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i am frm absmids 97 batch of rajiv gandhi university,infact i mentioned tht in the bangalorean thread.

Hi,
AM FROM ABSMIDS, 96 BATCH PLANNING TO GIVE MY NBDE PART 1 THIS JULY.GOOD TO HEAR FROM FELLOW FRIEND.HOW DO YOU LINK TO THE REST OF THEM IN U.S.ARE YOU PLANNING TO REDO THE EXAMS OR ARE YOU ALREADY GETTING CALLS?WHERE ARE YOU BASED IN U.S

hi
i am from KMC mangalore.....
where r u right now............india or us
do well......
all the best.....

Hi MEETLIFE,

Good to hear that.I'M IN U.S PREPARING FOR MY BOARDS...DID MY UNDERGRADUATION IN K.M.C MANGALORE.SO WHERE ARE YOU BASED.......ARE YOU PREPARING REAL HARD?:)...............THOSE WERE GOOD OLD DAYS IN MANGALORE

Hi

I'm from Yenepoya Dental College, Mangalore. I'm taking my exams this July. I currently live in Boston.:confused:

hi..well thats great who r u??????and which batch....r u my senior..........i am 99 batch?????
lemmme know......

:)
KEEP GUESSING......MEANWHILE LETS SHINE OUR WAT THRU IN THIS BOARD EXAMS...WH KNOWS PERHAPS WE WILL BE BATCH MATES......WHERE ARE U ON INDIA OR U.S

hi...
do u know me?????
tell me ...........please?????????i ma in mangalore.......doing my intenship........finishing in dec...this year......
see ya.....alll the best.......

Hi meetlife,
I did some research that our senior Boggu is a pedodontist.Did his undegrad from CODS and post grad from A.B shetty.
:)
Sorry Boggu,I was too curious so I did the research on the forum.But I don't think we poor juniors(me and meetlife know you).
Anyway all the very best for your Boards.I have already taken the board exams.I am in USA now interviewing for various schools.
Kindly pm me and maybe we could talk.
Take care:)

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,well thats great...............how many pedodontists have passed from AB SHETTY...........so now its a easy job that when i know no. of people in AB SHETTY......
but leave it.............yeah but boggu told me that there batch was kamath sirs fav.........so he has to be from 94 batch.....and he knows dr. archana also..........so now no problems in guessing abt him...........................

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Meetlife,
Howz life??Your dental decks still hasn't arrived.I will tell you as soon as I get it..
feeling very anxious these days..
Its ok if boggu doesn't want us to know..
Take care

hii all,
m an a b shettyite too, batch of 97, dec-2002 graduate.writing nbde 1 in july. any advice on tht?

Originally posted by mita
hii all,
m an a b shettyite too, batch of 97, dec-2002 graduate.writing nbde 1 in july. any advice on tht?
hi r u mita shetty????????????????????????

welcome to sdn,

are u from the batch of the mohicans

how r u ?
send me a pm

lasjy

Hey Hey Ab Shetty Rocks
Anyone Else Form Abshetty
I Am From Batch 0f 97 ----- Hey Ann And Mita Pm Me Do One Thing Sned A Messsage Through The Mohicans Thing Or Better Still Pm Me
Taking Boards In July
So LaS JY Hows The Batch Of Stallions Doing
Are Any Of Your Batch Mates In The Us
Hey Buddy
Will Pm You Sometime

hey docabnormal
please check ur pm

hi,
i am partly from absmids
i did my internship there 1999 to 2000
presently am doing my dds at nyu.
good to know that many ppl from absmids are in US. I remember those good old days at absmids.

dr_smiley said:
hi,
i am partly from absmids
i did my internship there 1999 to 2000
presently am doing my dds at nyu.
good to know that many ppl from absmids are in US. I remember those good old days at absmids.

how r u?
did u do ur internship with Dr. BAliga's batch or with Dr. Shishir shetty's batch. i.e. where they the 94 or 95 batch. i am frm the 98 batch of ABSMIDS. graduated in dec. 2003

lasjy

dr smiley , u must be the last batch of mangalore university, the rebels batch right?
doc abnormal, i am frm the knights batch. since we started class in 97 i always write my batch as 97 , my mistake :D
r u taking ur exams this july?

hi ann,
Yes i was from the rebel batch (only internship)
I already took my part 1 in dec 2001. and i started school at nyu last yr. am close to finishing my 2nd yr and will be starting 3rd yr from july.
I used to be a member of sdn while i was in your stage.so seeing a thread abt absmids i thgt i'd post a message.

hey lasjy,
am from shishir shettys batch and also a good friend of his..

dr_smiley,
Could you please check your PM?
thanks

dr_smiley said:
hey lasjy,
am from shishir shettys batch and also a good friend of his..

hey dr_smiley,
do u know michelle rodrigues from the rebels batch. i think she is in NYU toooo.

lasjy

yes lasjy,
Michelle rodrigues from rebels batch is in nyu ..we r friends...sharon mathias is in my class.....and a senior shiny george from absmids.

dr_smiley said:
yes lasjy,
Michelle rodrigues from rebels batch is in nyu ..we r friends...sharon mathias is in my class.....and a senior shiny george from absmids.

wow

i guess u have alot of people from ABSMIDS there then

one big happy family :laugh: :laugh:

lasjy

hi friends,
i'm from ydc,mangalore,right now in NJ.
want a help,as wat u people r studying for nbde part 1.
is clinical decks r enough or have to refer something else,wat ab kaplantext is that good enough,wat else is good ,PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

samina said:
hi friends,
i'm from ydc,mangalore,right now in NJ.
want a help,as wat u people r studying for nbde part 1.
is clinical decks r enough or have to refer something else,wat ab kaplantext is that good enough,wat else is good ,PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

welcome to SDN
which batch of YDC r u from?

lasjy

hi lasjy
i 'm from 98 batch,when r u giving ur nbde.
wat all u r studying 4 it

samina said:
hi lasjy
i 'm from 98 batch,when r u giving ur nbde.
wat all u r studying 4 it
hey samina,
i am also from '98 batch. ABSMIDS.
i am studying from the following material :-

Dental Decks
Test papers
Kaplan review notes

these materials r definitely required for part 1

text books can be used for additional reference. :p

lasjy

hi lasjy
thanks 4 the information,
anything else u r reffering n which u feel this topic is good to referin other book ,do tell me.
i'm using decks '01 wat about u do u have the same or 04 addition
samina

samina said:
hi lasjy
thanks 4 the information,
anything else u r reffering n which u feel this topic is good to referin other book ,do tell me.
i'm using decks '01 wat about u do u have the same or 04 addition
samina

hi samina,
i am also using the dental decks 2001 edition which i purchased in 2003. i have seen the new decks of 2004 and found that there are 54 extra cards in them. in particular there are 39 new cards in a new section called infection control as well as 1 or 2 more cards in different sections.

lasjy

hi lasjy
so u r saying that 2004 is good n i should have it, that 54 cards r extra n the rest is sameas 2001....
if u dont mind i want to ask how u r preparing for this exam.....give me some tips...
where r u right now........
samina

samina said:
hi lasjy
so u r saying that 2004 is good n i should have it, that 54 cards r extra n the rest is sameas 2001....
if u dont mind i want to ask how u r preparing for this exam.....give me some tips...
where r u right now........
samina

hey samina,
how r u ? i'm presently in Bangalore, India. I gave my exam last year in july and got a score of 86. i am going to give my paper based test again and try to score better this time :( hopefully.

u should master all the test papers first because most of them are repeats. most people would put dental decks first but i would put test papers 1st. decks are very helpful and don't let u down basically. they are also good for helping people who have poor knowlegde and trouble with certain subjects. :p

kaplan material is good if u have the time, have any doubts and also want to push your score above the rest. however it is very voluminous and cumbersome. text books seem to be out of the question in short term preparations like mine and they are used solely for reference in case of doubts. :D

i hope i have answered your questions

lasjy

Hi everyone,
Looks like half the guys (and gals) from A.B.Shetty are in the U.S. !!
Best of luck all.

:cool:

Sushruth said:
Hi everyone,
Looks like half the guys (and gals) from A.B.Shetty are in the U.S. !!
Best of luck all.

:cool:
is this shushruth "sir" :D of endo dept?i am frm the last batch u taught :) u know which one :D . r u back in australia? i thought u were doing ur mph in the us.r u trying for dds in the us? good to see u here.
btw,actually more gals than guys :D

hi lasjy
so i should do paper n decks ,the most imp right .
which all sub u r giving this time.....
once again lasjy this all 3 :hungover:ecks, asda papers n kaplan r all enough 4 exam nothing else to b reffered......
wat ab the deck04 ,should i purchase or 01 is ok as u have the idea of both.

samina said:
hi lasjy
so i should do paper n decks ,the most imp right .
which all sub u r giving this time.....
once again lasjy this all 3 :hungover:ecks, asda papers n kaplan r all enough 4 exam nothing else to b reffered......
wat ab the deck04 ,should i purchase or 01 is ok as u have the idea of both.

decks 2001 is perfectly ok.
nothing much extra in 2004.
i'm giving the whole part 1 again.
i got a score of 86 the last time. :cool:

lasjy

hi lasjy
how r u....
which month u r taking the exam.......
u r refering the same decks ,kaplan n papers or anything etc....
samina

samina said:
hi lasjy
how r u....
which month u r taking the exam.......
u r refering the same decks ,kaplan n papers or anything etc....
samina

hi samina,
i am taking my part 1 paper based test. i refering to the same material. nothing different.

lasjy

hi lasjy

wat is this based test....

samina

hey samina its the written exam taken in july. apart frm tht u have computer based test which can be given anytime.
r u still in yenopoya or have u graduated? i have a pg friend in yenopoya :)in the prostho dept.

hey samina,
when r you planning to take the part 1 exam ???

btw 2 of my batchmates are also in yenepoya doing their PG. one is in pedo and the other in oral path.

lasjy

hi lasjy
i havent decided when ill give,i 'm planning to take comp exams ..then lets c...
samina

hi ann
i have graduated from yenepoya in 2003.
samina

hi ,
any AB SHETTITES studying or passed out from BU?
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT BU on 11th jan...

btw, happy new year, to all.

hi ,
any AB SHETTITES studying or passed out from BU?
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT BU on 11th jan...

btw, happy new year, to all.