anyone from baltimore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

looney

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To save money, I'm thinking of flying into Baltimore Airport and then greyhounding it to DC for an interview at Georgetown. The incentive? I would save more than $150!!

I'm not sure if this is feasible though..please pm me if you happen to know how far the Baltimore greyhound is from the Baltimore airport....

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

you could, altho I warn you that Greyhound drivers are all psychopaths.

Baltimore's Greyhound station is on the west side of downtown.

If you want to take the bus, you'd need to take the light rail from the airport and hike a few blocks. Don't try this at night.

Did you think about taking the Amtrak from BWI to DC?

Good luck,

doepug
MS III, Johns Hopkins

Members don't see this ad :)
You really have two options. One you can take a metro bus to the Greenbelt metro station and then just ride the metro into the city. That will cost you less than $10. The other option is to take Amtrak into the city and then take the metro or cab it over to Georgetown. The metro stop would be Foggy Bottom. It's like a fifteen minute walk from metro to Gtown campus. I guess it all depends on where you are staying. There is also a Gtown shuttle that will pick you up from the Foggy Bottom metro and drop you off 5 mins from the school. Hope this helps. I would definitely not advise you to do the Greyhound thing. There are other and better options. Oh yeah I forgot you can also Blue Van it to DC for about $20.

Thanks for the advice!!!! Am gonna nix greyhound option (drivers AND passengers are psycho sometimes!) head for amtrak. =)

you should look into the marc train...it travels between baltimore and DC for commuters...it runs during the weekdays, not weekends. they're cheap.

The MARC trains are a lot cheaper than amtrak if you want to travel on weekdays; I thinks it runs from 5 or 6 am to midnight, and it only costs ~$4-$5 to get to DC from Penn Station or the BWI stop.