Anyone from Bangladesh now in USA. Need study partner for step 1

salimdmc

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Dear,
I am from bangladesh, now at usa in Indiana. I passes my MBBS from DMC and took USMLE step 1 on december 2009.

My score is 260/99. Please see my other post for my USMLE experience.

Few of my friends already created a small group for prepartion for USMLE step 1 and I help them by joining their group.

We talk through SKYPE online every other day for 2 hours and now discussing Biochemistry and physiology. We will soon start pharmacology and pathology.

As i recently passes the step one, i am helping them about recent question pattern, what questions are possible from each topics from Kaplan lecture notes, goljan notes etc and we are also solving the USMLE World Q bank integrated within each topics in kaplan syllebus.

If you want to join our small group please email me at [email protected] or at my skype ID at salimk56.

Bye...

Last edited:

salimdmc

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
hope u r all doing fine.

You can join us ( tomorrow we have a session at 10 am EST) by sending me a contact request in skype.

We are discussing through skype at salimk56.

Now we are discussing physiology and biochemistry. Micro_immuno/ Neuroscience will soon follow.

Total current group member is 9 ( 7 of them are girls and 1 is boy). We have no intention to take more that 10 people in a group.

You can join us ( we have sessions at 8 pm EST Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) by sending me a contact request in skype.

For first 10 days there is no obligation. After that you can decide if you will continue or not, if u require our discussion at all. If you wish to continue then we can discuss it later.

Our current activity:
1. One online exam per week. 30 Q per exam. ( i will show u how to take the exam. My laptop will be the server for the exam.)
2. 2 hours discussion and solving FA, KAPLAN and Goljan book.
3. Q and A session ( Question of USMLE world, FAQ&A, RR) integrated within each chapter verbally.
total >26h per month.
But you can understand better what we are exactly doing by joining our group.

Estimated total time required ~6 months. But it depends largely on you and your effort. May be shorter if you have a modest background.

If you have any question please call me at the number below.

Best regards,
Dr Salim
email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 812 220 4747.

Captopril

10+ Year Member
May 10, 2008
The ICU
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I don't want to join (I already took Step 1) but just wanted to say this is an awesome use of technology, especially considering you have completed your test and are still willing to help others on it. Good job.

salimdmc

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I don't want to join (I already took Step 1) but just wanted to say this is an awesome use of technology, especially considering you have completed your test and are still willing to help others on it. Good job.
Thank u u captopril.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
6 months?!

i wish i had 2 months to study!

salimdmc

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
6 months?!

i wish i had 2 months to study!
Our group mainly for graduate who is off the reading for a while. So to be comprehensive it will take 6 months. If you r a 2nd or 3rd year student, really it needs 1 or 2 month. But u can still learn new thing , i bet.
thanks for the comment.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Our group mainly for graduate who is off the reading for a while. So to be comprehensive it will take 6 months. If you r a 2nd or 3rd year student, really it needs 1 or 2 month. But u can still learn new thing , i bet.
thanks for the comment.
ah okay. congrats on the 260. i'd be happy with a standard deviation below that :thumbup: